Park Area Announcement

JoeyT

11 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

so the story with this is, Sports Banger was a side-hustle of an MC, Jonny Banger, closely linked with Loefah/Boddika/Oneman/Joy Orbison/Skream et al when Swamp 81 ruled the DJ world about six or seven years back. Anyone remember the Free Tulisa shirts, that was him. It's properly blown up now

Expect grimy, anthem-heavy, big boshy carnage. Mala, Bizarre Inc. and Goldie in a blender I reckon.

Thanks for the heads up on this lot struggled to find much and their Instagram doesn't give too much away.

Sounds like it could be a riot (in a good way).

6 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

So has The Park stage and Stonebridge Bar been redesigned or have I misunderstood. 

The whole area has had a bit of a revamp with a few things moving like Rabbit Hole and Stonebridge Bar. Don't know that the park stage itself has changed in any way but the area will certainly be changed considerably. Can't wait to investigate it. 

Decent enough for me if not particularly exciting. 

I rarely spend much time at the Park during the day - if I see Georgia, Kurt Vile, Kate Tempest and Hot Chip that's probably more than usual... but all depends on the schedule. I really hope Stonebridge is improved as a venue as that line-up has lots for me.

13 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

The whole area has had a bit of a revamp with a few things moving like Rabbit Hole and Stonebridge Bar. Don't know that the park stage itself has changed in any way but the area will certainly be changed considerably. Can't wait to investigate it. 

Hope they’ve made Stonebridge Bar bigger! 

46 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

so the story with this is, Sports Banger was a side-hustle of an MC, Jonny Banger, closely linked with Loefah/Boddika/Oneman/Joy Orbison/Skream et al when Swamp 81 ruled the DJ world about six or seven years back. Anyone remember the Free Tulisa shirts, that was him. It's properly blown up now

Expect grimy, anthem-heavy, big boshy carnage. Mala, Bizarre Inc. and Goldie in a blender I reckon.

I don’t really know what any of this means. Well, at least most of it. But it’s so beautifully written and lucid and convincing that if you started a cult I’d probably almost complete and submit your questionnaire, even if I got my mum to answer the phone and say I wasn’t in every time you called. 

In a good way. 

Sounds ace. Scurries off to Spotify...

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

The stage looks a bit different on Glastocam, some bits on the side that look like they could be for screens.

5 hours ago, mouserat said:

Never heard of Rex Orange County so checked the Wikipedia page.

a) didn't expect it to be just one guy

b) I know charts don't count for much these days but he's never had an album or song break into the main charts? That seems unusual for someone headlining the big five stages. Is he actually huge and I'm just being ignorant?

I think Emily is a big fan. Only reason i know of him was because she posted about him last year

Just now, duke88 said:

The stage looks a bit different on Glastocam, some bits on the side that look like they could be for screens.

Ah yes I do remember rumours of some screens this year. I think I'll be heading straight there when I get through the gates to have a nosey. One of my favourite areas so keen to see the changes. 

Lankum!!! The one name I had been hoping for but I thought it wasn’t going to happen when they weren’t on the Acoustic.

Will be cool to see them at the Park. I highly recommend them folks!

Would also like to see Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, clashes permitting.

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

So has The Park stage and Stonebridge Bar been redesigned or have I misunderstood. 

It's covered here:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/the-park-returns-for-2019-with-new-creations-and-locations/

"Having celebrated ten years of The Park at the last Festival, the year off has allowed The Park team to come back with many changes, new creations and locations; from the newly-updated Park Stage and Stonebridge Bar to the brand new Humblewell – a daytime wellness wonderland which at dusk morphs into late-night jazz home, The Wormhole."

20 minutes ago, Olshansky said:

Remember he did that odd DJ set in the tree at Greenpeace?  Was actually quite fun!

Was just talking to my husband about that. We stayed for ages, was really good. Joe Goddard mentioned something on Instagram today about doing a set at Greenpeace. I never really knew there was music there until the Jarvis stumble-upon. 

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

I don’t really know what any of this means. Well, at least most of it. But it’s so beautifully written and lucid and convincing that if you started a cult I’d probably almost complete and submit your questionnaire, even if I got my mum to answer the phone and say I wasn’t in every time you called. 

In a good way. 

Sounds ace. Scurries off to Spotify...

Has your mum heard of Sports Banger?

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's covered here:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/the-park-returns-for-2019-with-new-creations-and-locations/

"Having celebrated ten years of The Park at the last Festival, the year off has allowed The Park team to come back with many changes, new creations and locations; from the newly-updated Park Stage and Stonebridge Bar to the brand new Humblewell – a daytime wellness wonderland which at dusk morphs into late-night jazz home, The Wormhole."

That's interesting about the daytime venue. What do we think wellness wonderland means? Massage, meditation, yoga, smoothies etc? Talks? 

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

That's interesting about the daytime venue. What do we think wellness wonderland means? Massage, meditation, yoga, smoothies etc? Talks? 

“The Humblewell Tree Temple and the Humblewell Sanctuary are in a new wellness area offering yoga; sleep recovery with Lisa Sanfilippo; Kirtan with Nikki Slade; Breathbeats with Sound and Breathwork, with DJ Tom Middleton and the Breathe Guy; Yoga Nidra and sound healing with Penni Ludlow; Gong baths with Martina Saorin plus Laughter Yoga, Community Acupuncture and Mind support. Check boards for information.”

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-park/

☺️

Edited by Andeeroo

59 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

“The Humblewell Tree Temple and the Humblewell Sanctuary are in a new wellness area offering yoga; sleep recovery with Lisa Sanfilippo; Kirtan with Nikki Slade; Breathbeats with Sound and Breathwork, with DJ Tom Middleton and the Breathe Guy; Yoga Nidra and sound healing with Penni Ludlow; Gong baths with Martina Saorin plus Laughter Yoga, Community Acupuncture and Mind support. Check boards for information.”

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/areas/the-park/

☺️

Thanks, should have gone to the link! :) Sounds like it might be a nice chilled spot in the daytime then.