What's your run in?

MrHew

What you lot got lined up for the run in to the festival? I was hoping for Bearded Theory for a nice warm up but the coffers din't allow for it. But we've still got a bit going on:

25th May - 2nd June - Off work for half term and a 4 day trip to Germany to visit family.

8th June - Work summer party. Basically a party in a field, with Croissant Neuf supplying the  tent and bandstand. Bands, DJs, free bar and food.

16th June - My birthday

18th June - Mini Hew's 5th birthday

May 17 Aldous Harding Leeds

May 18 coerced into watching Eurovision in Newark with mates

May 20 V&A visit

May 21 Chelsea Flower Show

June 15 Brewing course

June 20 Nick Cave

June 25 sack work off early

June 26 Cocktail Caravan, East Fields

• Upvote 2

20th May - Dad's funeral.

24th May - last day at work following redundancy.

25th May - move in with partner in a lovely house we have found on the edge of the peak district. I'm a southerner (London / Essex), she's northerner (Stokey with a Liverpool twang). Looking forward to oatcakes.

29th May - Europa League Final. Come on Arsenal, don't lose a 4th European final on the trot.

30th May - start new job. New job title is Legal Manager. Finally get to utilise the law degree I aquired 10 years ago.

June - acclimatise to new surroundings. Hopefully it doesn't rain as much as I'm expecting.

26th June - Glastonbury.

It's truly been a shit start to 2019 if I'm honest. I am, however, really looking forward to the end of May onwards, and I can't wait to get back on the farm. First time back since 2016, and my God I cannot wait!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

25th May - move in with partner in a lovely house we have found on the edge of the peak district. I'm a southerner (London / Essex), she's northerner (Stokey with a Liverpool twang). Looking forward to oatcakes.

29th May - Europa League Final. Come on Arsenal, don't lose a 4th European final on the trot.

30th May - start new job. New job title is Legal Manager. Finally get to utilise the law degree I aquired 10 years ago.

June - acclimatise to new surroundings. Hopefully it doesn't rain as much as I'm expecting.

26th June - Glastonbury.

It's truly been a shit start to 2019 if I'm honest. I am, however, really looking forward to the end of May onwards, and I can't wait to get back on the farm. First time back since 2016, and my God I cannot wait!

It'll get better man. Sending love.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

26th June - Glastonbury.

Blimey fella, sorry to hear all this, hopefully Glasto will be just the tonic you need.

Its my 50th this weekend

Bearded Theory next weekend

Maybe Long Division Festival the weekend after

Heavenly Weekender on 15th June

Then Glasto - and its been a really quick 8 weeks as I was convinced I wasn't getting tickets in the resale...so had refused to build any form of excitement!  And now its WAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Lots of gigs/festivals leading up to the big one!

17th May - The Beths
19th May - Slowthai
23rd May - Aldous Harding
24th May - 26th May All Points East Festival
31st May - 2nd June All Points East Festival
8th June - Mighty Hoopla
9th June - Nile Rodgers + Chic
10th June - Spice Girls
13th June - Stereophonics
14th June - Paul Weller
16th June - Fleetwood Mac

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

26th June - Glastonbury.

Hoping it's a year of two halves for you. Hope the funeral goes as well as these thing can and enjoy the Peak District. It's a wonderful place. I live on the other edge of it near Lyme Park. 

• Like 1

Oh Sees, J Mascis, Open Mike Eagle, The Strokes APE thing, Imperial Wax, Taking Back Sunday and Nick Cave first. Potentially Flat Worms and The Intelligence, might be cutting it fine though.

With those and all the birthdays and that coming up Glastonbury still feels a while away yet, I'm a busy bee.

Mine is a bit hectic:

16-30th May: Desperately try and finish as much of my PhD thesis as possible (which sadly includes not going on the Ibiza holiday I have booked)

31st May: My birthday and Sheffield leaving party

1-2nd June: Be hungover and pack all my shit - including my Glastonbury stuff to leave in Sheffield

3rd June: Move to Glasgow

4th June: Start new job

5th-25th June: Try to work out what I'm supposed to be doing at my new job, whilst exploring Glasgow and trying to finish PhD thesis

25th June: After work, get train back to Sheffield, pack bag

26th June: Get the coach to Glastonbury!!!!! 

I'm a bit gutted about Ibiza, but given that I'll be saving money not spending £20 a drink, those are all funds for the Glasto pot 

9 minutes ago, Superscally said:

It'll get better man. Sending love.

Thank you ?

5 minutes ago, bexj said:

Blimey fella, sorry to hear all this, hopefully Glasto will be just the tonic you need.

When in need of a pick me up, Glasto has got to feature high up on that list ?

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Hoping it's a year of two halves for you. Hope the funeral goes as well as these thing can and enjoy the Peak District. It's a wonderful place. I live on the other edge of it near Lyme Park. 

Thank you, appreciate the message.

I'm not going to be too far from you, I'll be based in Leek, close to The Roaches. I've been visiting for nearly two years now, and I love the place. Can't wait to explore it properly ?

Now until 22nd June -  planning and developing glasto strategy, making lists, checking gear?, panicking until tickets arrive, looking at you tube to check for bands I might not be aquatinted with

22nd June - leave for Glastonbury, staying in town for 3 days.  Then head for festival!

monday July 1 -  leave festival and start worrying about how to get tickets for 2020