2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well it depends what date they announce. And is there confirmation of the dates its going to run in 2020? I know its usually the week after glasto, but its had dates before or even during the fest over the years if I recall correctly.

I think it's expected to the 3, 4, 5 and 10, 11, 12, but that might just be based on assumptions?

I don’t think the GP is aware or gives a shit about RHCP having a bad track record. I think their first thought will be what songs they know and what vibes it will be live.

I think it’s only people like us which mull over stuff like that. If this was a massive issue for RHCP it would dent their ticket sales, and it hasn’t.

17 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Could they be a band that's on the Other? They would fit a lot of people's 'big enough to headline' criteria

In my opinion no. They headline every festival they play so I don't see them taking a smaller slot at Glastonbury. Also believe they command quite a large fee, which they wouldn't get for headlining Pyramid never mind any other slot

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think the GP is aware or gives a shit about RHCP having a bad track record. I think their first thought will be what songs they know and what vibes it will be live.

I think it’s only people like us which mull over stuff like that. If this was a massive issue for RHCP it would dent their ticket sales, and it hasn’t.

Let's be honest, RHCP, Macca and Taylor would be a pretty great 3, whatever your thoughts on RHCP are

Edited by Gromite

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

tenor.gif

10 minutes ago, mufcok said:

In my opinion no. They headline every festival they play so I don't see them taking a smaller slot at Glastonbury. Also believe they command quite a large fee, which they wouldn't get for headlining Pyramid never mind any other slot

They do you're correct but Alex loves Glastonbury. If they are active next year I can't see them not appearing. 

In a few months we'll be discussing how they are now headlining after one of the others that has never done it has pulled out.

Just now, thewayiam said:

They do you're correct but Alex loves Glastonbury. If they are active next year I can't see them not appearing. 

In a few months we'll be discussing how they are now headlining after one of the others that has never done it has pulled out.

I was on about The Strokes.

On AM though - they won't be doing anything other than headlining. Nailed on for 2021 in my opinion, unless one of the booked 2020 headliners pulls out

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Even though we know the 2 haven't played before? This is a bit bold. Pulling out is pretty rare, especially once the deal is done as is the case here. Agree with mufcok - AM for 2021. Kendrick and Taylor 2020 and if one does pull out, it'll be the 1975 who get the call-up.

Arctic Monkeys are nailed on every year round here (until, y'know, someone else is announced). I love them and am kind of itching to see them again at this point, I'm hoping they wait long enough till its seen as a welcome return rather than them being seen as another resident band, they're probably somewhere between those 2 things right now. Their own big show makes a lot more sense in 2020.

Is Damon doing a new project next year? You'd think he'd be about in some form. It'd be a waste getting Blur to do a secret show when they're clearly so good at headlining, I'd love Gorillaz to headline Other or something, I realise this is incredibly unlikely for a number of reasons.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, mufcok said:

The thing is though they dropped down to doing APE instead of the large festivals they have always been doing until recently - BST, T in the Park, Reading etc. I think maybe they could do it with the whole bigger than usual pyramid headliners thing I think they could make a great alternative to Taylor.

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

The thing is though they dropped down to doing APE instead of the large festivals they have always been doing until recently - BST, T in the Park, Reading etc. I think maybe they could do it with the whole bigger than usual pyramid headliners thing I think they could make a great alternative to Taylor.

Don’t be bloody daft lad. Arctic Monkeys headline the Pyramid or they don’t play. When/if they announce this big outdoor show/tour watch how quickly it sells out. 

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

But again, they charge a lot of money, which Glastonbury doesn’t have. Maybe they’ve lightened their fees, but what Glastonbury offers for Other Stage headliners would be pennies compared to what they could get elsewhere/at their own shows. Suppose they’ve gotta end up somewhere, but I’d guess it’d just be Reading/Leeds again.

59 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I was on about The Strokes.

On AM though - they won't be doing anything other than headlining. Nailed on for 2021 in my opinion, unless one of the booked 2020 headliners pulls out

I guess that now, they'll never play and I highly doubt they'll be outright headlining Reading like suggested by some either, if they do then the festival have struggled.

I'm going to go for an Arctic Monkeys secret set with a 2021 headline set as things stand.

54 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Even though we know the 2 haven't played before? This is a bit bold. Pulling out is pretty rare, especially once the deal is done as is the case here. Agree with mufcok - AM for 2021. Kendrick and Taylor 2020 and if one does pull out, it'll be the 1975 who get the call-up.

There is nothing definite about Kendrick, Taylor I'd agree.