2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, eFestivals said:

Glastonbury doesn't place any restrictions on where else their headline acts can play.

If BST thinks it can run the same acts and sell the tickets OK, they'd be pretty mad not to do it.

Worded badly.  Personally didn’t think BST would allow it.  But I suppose Taylor will sell out immediately and Kendrick in London will go down well too

1 minute ago, Baz178 said:

Of course you are well big enough to headline the pyramid stage!!! 

Pardon?

not dismissing them headlining.  I’d suggest BST would want a late announcement (if them) to protect their ticket sales

Edited by sisco

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Pardon?

not dismissing them headlining.  I’d suggest BST would want a late announcement (if them) to protect their ticket sales

Think he was talking about you, sisco! 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Glastonbury doesn't place any restrictions on where else their headline acts can play.

If BST thinks it can run the same acts and sell the tickets OK, they'd be pretty mad not to do it.

Normally, no but would being the same take the edge off the headliners for the special 50?

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Normally, no but would being the same take the edge off the headliners for the special 50?

Nah. If an act is expensive and will only do the show if they can get some cheddar at BST then it's chilled. 2 of the headliners did Hyde Park in 09 as well (before it was officially BST)

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just got back from watching the new Depeche Mode film. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gahan and the lads would smash that Pyramid field for six 

I came on here this morning to say exactly the same thing. I saw the film last night and it was a “Queen at Live Aid” moment for me. I now want to go out and buy every Depeche Mode album. Why have I never gone and seen them live?

And if Glastonbury book them, they should show this great film (Depeche Mode: Spirits in the Forest) as well. Such a moving documentary about the power a music! Fantastic work by my fellow countryman Anton Corbijn. Never mind this “event cinema” concept. This film is far too good to be shown only once. Everybody who is a diehard fan of a band should see this and will find themselves in it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, phimill said:

If BST is Taylor and Kendrick i'm of the opinion that it would only be 1 of them not both. As @stuie said it would take the shine off if Glasto 50 is on again in London in a few weeks time

BST is spread over 2 weekends. And there’s nowt Glasto can or will do about headliners playing elsewhere.

1 hour ago, C14S said:

Bunch of Foos dates in Europe for early-mid june, too soon after 2017 to be a contender though surely

Puts in the frame for IOW though?

Given in the last two/three years they’ve headlined Glasto, R/L and done massive stadium dates in this country is there really anything left for them to do over here?

26 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

BST is spread over 2 weekends. And there’s nowt Glasto can or will do about headliners playing elsewhere.

Yep I understand that - what I am saying is i think it would take the shine off the 50th year, so with that in mind Emily may already know what was in the pipeline and hasn't booked both

I don't want to send you all into a frenzy, and I didn't want to say it out of nowhere without proof or being able to reveal the source (still can't), but I have it on pretty good authority that Kendrick Lamar is headlining Glastonbury. I was confident in the source before, even more so if he's playing BST (pretty sure @Brave Sir Robin's info has always been accurate?). Can't be 100% as it's indirect, but I thought you'd like to know it's very very likely and to stop you all wasting your money on the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

• Upvote 5