2020 headliners

jj200

If this year has taught us anything, it’s that for a truly epic set you need somebody who is completely and utterly in love with what they do.

Music needs to be pumping through their veins, they must love their fans, have a true understanding of what the festival is about and obviously the tunes to back it up. 

Stormzy, Lizzo, IDLES and Miley all proved that. 

Going through the motions to earn a buck a la Lauryn Hill is not what the festival needs. 

For that reason I hope they stay clear of Fleetwood Mac and Madonna.

And I say that as somebody who previously thought both would be a good choice. 

• Upvote 2

Emily’s response to Matt Healy asking to headline can be interpreted in multiple ways. Emily is often not afraid to rule out acts in interviews, but it depends whether you interpret this as keeping it open or ‘not saying anything yet’.

Surely the 1975 have to be a serious contender and it’s likely the band will angle their tour around the possibility. 

A26A0847-EC06-474C-A598-0D7BA51DEE02.png

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Emily’s response to Matt Healy asking to headline can be interpreted in multiple ways. Emily is often not afraid to rule out acts in interviews, but it depends whether you interpret this as keeping it open or ‘not saying anything yet’.

Surely the 1975 have to be a serious contender and it’s likely the band will angle their tour around the possibility. 

that sounds to me like it was genuinely news to Emily, and that she was pleased to know it because it gives her an easy opening to start a conversation with them.

Also Re:Elton I thought that for some reason he was busy around Glastonbury time. Unless his site has less dates or isn’t fully updated it looks like he is definitely ‘available’

I didn’t actually realise that his dates were so spread out in 2020. Kinda makes me think he could take a headline position and they’d pursue Cher for the Legends or something.

the 1975, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John (with Cher as legend) as their intended trio subject to Fleetwood saying no :P possibly aiming for Madonna, Fleetwood, Elton on the basis that one might decline... with the 1975, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay waiting on the sub bench?

6E010444-7E23-486C-9A1C-A2F17CCF51E9.png

Edited by Matt42

43 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Stormzy, Lizzo, IDLES and Miley all proved that. 

Going through the motions to earn a buck a la Lauryn Hill is not what the festival needs. 

For that reason I hope they stay clear of Fleetwood Mac and Madonna.

And I say that as somebody who previously thought both would be a good choice. 

We thought this about the Rolling Stones though, and they turned up and were fantastic.

So hard to call. I think this may be the time Fleetwood Mac end up doing it, she seemed to make a point of name dropping them in several interviews pre festival as the one's they REALLY want. They'll end up paying more for them like the Stones. If Arctic Monkeys are back in the studio and something new drops the back end of this year/early next I think they'll do it.

Has there been anything to suggest Elton John at this point or is that just guess work?

10 minutes ago, mufcok said:

So hard to call. I think this may be the time Fleetwood Mac end up doing it, she seemed to make a point of name dropping them in several interviews pre festival as the one's they REALLY want. They'll end up paying more for them like the Stones. If Arctic Monkeys are back in the studio and something new drops the back end of this year/early next I think they'll do it.

Has there been anything to suggest Elton John at this point or is that just guess work?

I mean for Elton it’s apparently now or never as this is meant to be his last tour. Plus there’s nothing to indicate yet that he’s even around during the festival. Big gap between March and October.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean for Elton it’s apparently now or never as this is meant to be his last tour. Plus there’s nothing to indicate yet that he’s even around during the festival. Big gap between March and October.

I think it's a fairly safe bet that plenty of shows for summer 2020 will be added - they just need to sell the tickets for this year first.

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

I was given a name via someone close (AAA) to the festival that is not on any of the current betting lists.

Can't say anymore until I have my £20 on it......

Please do share once you've placed your bet...

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

I was given a name via someone close (AAA) to the festival that is not on any of the current betting lists.

This is the early efests talking point which will surely mull us over for a few months.

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

AAA.......seems an early return for Vampire Weekend

• Upvote 1

Banking on the diversity push and going for.

Kendrick (or insert other relevant rapper)

Fleetwood Mac 

Taylor Swift (or insert other relevant female artist)

My bets might be marmite but Glastonbury is in the very lucky position of being able to put on whoever they like, as they do not having to worry about sales.