2020 headliners

jj200

Nobody is mentioning Arcade Fire.

They've headlined before, love the festival, will likely have a new album out or nearly out by June 2020, which'll make it 6 years since their last appearance at the farm. Maybe they're who Emily is referring to in that tweet...

3 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

They've headlined before, love the festival, will likely have a new album out or nearly out by June 2020, which'll make it 6 years since their last appearance at the farm. Maybe they're who Emily is referring to in that tweet...

Not who I've heard....

3 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Really don't see them as being big enough. Seem the type to do it just the once.

15 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Unless I'm reading that wrong, it appears Arcadia can run on Thursdays from 10am-3am?

Looks like it, yep - though they may not be able to turn the volume up past a certain point - there's still restrictions on the size of sound systems used on Thursday which is covered elsewhere in the licence.

• Upvote 1

I notice he dodged the mention of Neil Young :P

actually surprised it's not on that Skybet market after Michael mentioning him the other day.

I know he's not the novelty of Kylie, Lionel, Dolly, but could he do the legends slot? he's co-headlining a few gigs with Bob Dylan soon, although playing before Dylan at them it seems, so probably wouldn't demand to be outright headliner at Glastonbury again? and also Michael's "I think he's coming back next year" doesn't sound as much like a headliner...

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Could do with some underwhelming rumours to put people off tickets in October. So my guess is

Chris Martin reading the history of Coldplay

Lil Nas X feat Chris Martin

Alex from Glasto 

Legend: ELO

the first three would probably make it harder to get ticket TBH, given the general public.....

throw in Maura from Love Island for legend and you can pretty much forget about getting tickets!

35 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I notice he dodged the mention of Neil Young :P

actually surprised it's not on that Skybet market after Michael mentioning him the other day.

I know he's not the novelty of Kylie, Lionel, Dolly, but could he do the legends slot? he's co-headlining a few gigs with Bob Dylan soon, although playing before Dylan at them it seems, so probably wouldn't demand to be outright headliner at Glastonbury again? and also Michael's "I think he's coming back next year" doesn't sound as much like a headliner...

I had the same thought, but mentioning headline level acts for the legend slot tends to get you shouted at and mocked on here.

I think Young would be ACE in the legends slot. Young as the legend and FM headlining would be quite the get.

Another bonkers thought is Coldplay doing the legend slot. Seems like the kinda whacky thing Chris Martin would be game for.

2 hours ago, James96 said:

I thought Parsonjack said it was someone unremarkable?

*Someone not that ludicrous

Ok...need to re-phrase...the name I've heard (if true) would be unexpected and would raise a few questioning eyebrows...but would be otherwise welcomed by a lot of punters....especially if rumours of fresh material before then are realised.

We're all focusing on the 50th being a pantheon of stellar headliners who haven't played before...kind of save the best for the big party...but what if GFL chose to celebrate in a more retrospective manner.....a kind of 'best bits'....?

Prob said too much now....but it isn't Marc Bolan and T-Rex.

12 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ok...need to re-phrase...the name I've heard (if true) would be unexpected and would raise a few questioning eyebrows...but would be otherwise welcomed by a lot of punters....especially if rumours of fresh material before then are realised.

We're all focusing on the 50th being a pantheon of stellar headliners who haven't played before...kind of save the best for the big party...but what if GFL chose to celebrate in a more retrospective manner.....a kind of 'best bits'....?

Prob said too much now....but it isn't Marc Bolan and T-Rex.

The first ever headliner would make sense though...