2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They really are big enough mate. I think you’re underestimating their pull to the younger Glastonbury crowds.

If stormzy absolutely packed the pyramid field off one album the 1975 will likely do the same

Not doubting their size, still don't think they should headline yet... let alone the 50th anniversary of Glasto.

4 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

There is a difference between being unbiased and hotshotting a band to the top of a lineup. .

They will have headline Reading and Leeds, Latitude, Parklife and Glasgow Green by next year, on top of three massive hit albums and a pair of sold out arena tours. What more can they do?

8 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

For a layman who doesn't check the charts, headline slots or amount of Spotify plays, the1975 and Foals seem almost identical in size. Both would be a good fit for Fri night 

With foals playing before them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

They really are big enough mate. I think you’re underestimating their pull to the younger Glastonbury crowds.

If stormzy absolutely packed the pyramid field off one album the 1975 will likely do the same

Yeah of all "new bands ready to be given their chance" they are probably the most deserving tbf. 

These are my likely but less obvious contenders for across the board for all days.

Jay Z: He’s playing Woodstock 50 in August, Doubt he’d pass up the opportunity to play Glastonbury 50 too.

Eminem with surprise Guests: (50 Cent, Royce Da 5’9 or even more of a push Dr Dre) Marshall Mathers LP 20th Anniversary Tour  

Stevie Wonder is coming over here to play 3 Shows in London next month...Perfect time to be asked if he’d like to sign the Glastonbury Contract. I’m sure he’ll be asked.

Metallica: They’re likely in europe at that time and if they do download again I’ll be surprised. 

Aerosmith

Slaves

Skepta w Boy Better Know

Daft Punk:They’ve been heavily teasing the Alive Tour. 

Jorja Smith might get an earlier pyramid slot next year.

Pharrell Williams 

Childish Gambino

A Maxim Reality or unlikely but possible a Liam Howlett DJ Set at one of the smaller stages.

Nine Inch Nails

Anderson.Paak and The Free Nationals

32 minutes ago, Oldirtygod said:

These are my likely but less obvious contenders for across the board for all days.

Jay Z: He’s playing Woodstock 50 in August, Doubt he’d pass up the opportunity to play Glastonbury 50 too.

Eminem with surprise Guests: (50 Cent, Royce Da 5’9 or even more of a push Dr Dre) Marshall Mathers LP 20th Anniversary Tour  

Stevie Wonder is coming over here to play 3 Shows in London next month...Perfect time to be asked if he’d like to sign the Glastonbury Contract. I’m sure he’ll be asked.

Metallica: They’re likely in europe at that time and if they do download again I’ll be surprised. 

Aerosmith

Slaves

Skepta w Boy Better Know

Daft Punk:They’ve been heavily teasing the Alive Tour. 

Jorja Smith might get an earlier pyramid slot next year.

Pharrell Williams 

Childish Gambino

A Maxim Reality or unlikely but possible a Liam Howlett DJ Set at one of the smaller stages.

Nine Inch Nails

Anderson.Paak and The Free Nationals

Woodstock 50 isnt going to happen if you havent been reading up. The organizers are still attempting to secure a new venue site and have not even discussed that or anything else with any artists that were booked. Tickets have not even gone on sale.

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Isnt that the same question asked of Stormzy when he was announced? Theyve got to take the leap or else you’ll never find out if theyre worthy. 

Stormzy is a lot more well known than them though. I think The 1975 are more likely to get the new headliner boost.