2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

For the record, I agree 100%. Just pointing out the ludicrousness of thinking Elton is not big enough to headline, while at the same time, the mac are too big not too.

Agreed.

Feels like the frontrunners are now 3 of: Swifty / Mac / Reg / 1975 / Fred Foal and the lads

4 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

For the record, I agree 100%. Just pointing out the ludicrousness of thinking Elton is not big enough to headline, while at the same time, the mac are too big not too.

FM are too big not to, make no mistake that Elton is selling what he has because it's a farewell....if it wasn't then it's not happening whereas FM it does whatever. Elton does multiple nights that need 20k max each night and when he has played small stadiums it's struggled, FM can do outdoors venues no bother and they shown that. As for ELO, they've got a dedicated fan base but outside of that they don't have a lot imo, there is a shut load more people that will attend FM across all ages than ELO.

4 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I was being sarcastic.  Switching FM to Elton because he's gay clearly isn't the way forward.  But when one person says the line up is too white another can say its too straight.  We can go on and on like this all day, three acts are never going to be able to represent every single group so as long as the festival makes every effort to be diverse (and it does) then I don't know why it's even a thing

The fact you are saying acts presenting every single group makes it a thing, for me I don't even consider what someone is, no one says booking Years & Years is more diverse because he/they are gay, they are booking without a thought because they are wanted etc.

I feel quite strongly about the whole gay thing, I'm not but close people to me are so I'm never going to see that as just passing comment.

Ha I knew this would happen. Was literally just saying if I had to make one criticism it would be that it was too white, but I also said that is nothing new. Line-ups are never perfectly representative. Did think twice about posting as these identity discussions always go squiffy.

I'm sure they'll make efforts to boost diversity across the board.

@thewayiam it was clear to me that @Cream Soda was being sarcastic - maybe read it back?

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha I knew this would happen. Was literally just saying if I had to make one criticism it would be that it was too white, but I also said that is nothing new. Line-ups are never perfectly representative. Did think twice about posting as these identity discussions always go squiffy.

I'm sure they'll make efforts to boost diversity across the board.

@thewayiam it was clear to me that @Cream Soda was being sarcastic - maybe read it back?

I don't take anything that involves the need to use the gay term as included as sarcastic. I can deal with the use of white even though I don't think it's really needed. 

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't take anything that involves the need to use the gay term as included as sarcastic. I can deal with the use of white even though I don't think it's really needed. 

Okay I don't know what you're on about.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

38 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Imo, how youve phrased it makes it sound like you are ticking the being gay box off within criteria if that makes it better. Fair enough if that's not the case but I may go and revisit the wording.

Reductio ad absurdum, he was taking the race comments to a box-ticking extreme to show how silly they were.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Alternatively, if the festival is struggling for diversity they could always have Matt Healey wear black face? Couldn’t they Gazza?

I don't see the issue with this, reason were explain at the time which were nothing to do with anyone on here and there was no I'll feeling from it. Furthermore, stalking and creeping around someone's profile hunting pictures is pretty weird!

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They just played 2 dates at Wembley stadium. They're headliners through and through.

Jeff played Wembley in 17 and was 'only' the legend slot.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you mind, both them and Reg are headliners or bust for me.

Still reluctant to go all in on this thread until T-Day is out the way, but if I'm unsuccessful I'd rather miss out on The Mac than Reg. He can play his final ever live slot @ 2021 on the Pymild.

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Has there ever been any credible info on Reg being in contention for Glasto? Or has it only been wishful thinking or an expectation that it’ll happen sooner or later?

The latter, as far as I'm aware.