Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

Got to say, the general level of 'meh' that met the 1st poster has soon disappeared with the individual area lineups so far. Most seem to have been met very positively by the people who favour each of them. Avalon types made up with their lineup, same with Glade dwellers. Exciting stuff.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Got to say, the general level of 'meh' that met the 1st poster has soon disappeared with the individual area lineups so far. Most seem to have been met very positively by the people who favour each of them. Avalon types made up with their lineup, same with Glade dwellers. Exciting stuff.

Absolutely, and with so much more to come. I wonder how many of those who didn't pay their balance based upon the initial lineup announcements will live to regret it?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Really other than the crap pyramid headliners this year is shaping up really well.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Absolutely, and with so much more to come. I wonder how many of those who didn't pay their balance based upon the initial lineup announcements will live to regret it?

I would never ever consider not paying the balance no matter what the initial line up is. Just look at the resale pages, the disappointment in every failed application, the folk who have been for years but never got a sniff at a ticket. You have to think that every year you are there could very easily be your last. 

Does anybody know which "big" acts were not on the original lineup poster in 2017 but then surprised people when the full lineup came out in late may?

Even better, can anybody find the thread from 2 years ago when the full line-up came out?

I'm just rying to guage how many acts are still to be announced on the main stages, especially with the first poster being around 15 acts shorter than the 2017 first poster.

15 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Does anybody know which "big" acts were not on the original lineup poster in 2017 but then surprised people when the full lineup came out in late may?

Even better, can anybody find the thread from 2 years ago when the full line-up came out?

I'm just rying to guage how many acts are still to be announced on the main stages, especially with the first poster being around 15 acts shorter than the 2017 first poster.

There was also about 15/20 less acts on this years poster (I believe) - just noticed u said that anyway

F51AD1CC-ADCC-4422-9560-FAE816D94DEE.png

Edited by sisco
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Feel bad for asking this, but where the hell is Poetry and Words? I don't think I've seen it in all my years of going but that can't be the case.

tbf i think you also said that you didnt know where the Kids Field was (??).. or did i imagineer that.?

You could be EastaPhobic...?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Cabaret Field.Screenshot_20190503-221625_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e93eae2c9f725abf828cba1cc8da8284.jpg

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

tbf i think you also said that you didnt know where the Kids Field was (??).. or did i imagineer that.?

You could be EastaPhobic...?

No I'm just an idiot who doesn't pay attention to my surroundings! Been in Cabaret field loads but somehow missed it... definitely haven't seen the Kids Field that I know of though.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

No I'm just an idiot who doesn't pay attention to my surroundings! Been in Cabaret field loads but somehow missed it... definitely haven't seen the Kids Field that I know of though.

Poetry & Worlds switches identity to "Mavericks" once you get to the late evening - the sign changes and everything. So if you're going through the field after dark on the way to the SE Corner maybe you won't see it then.