The best trolley

Tomothy123

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

These two. What the fuck are these two at?

gallery-1466588928-glastonbury6.jpg?resi

Wife and I were at download about ten years ago and it was biblical (for a change).

Someone had badly packed and abandoned a 12ft bell tent and leant it against one of the tent stages near the camping.

Took our gear to car, came back and got a couple of tree branches and carried it to car. It was brand new. Muddy but brand new. Put it up at home jet washed it and passed it on to family. 600 quid tent

They last a lifetime those canvass bell tents. People. Just people.

It would have been easier with a barrow.

Edited by Jay Pee
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

From what I've read on here I'm going to go on the assumption some people must also refrain from using any bog roll too, for fear of leaving any atom behind. 

No singing either as you use to too much oxygen and kill the trees.

Just sit there, quietly, not drinking, eating little and holding in 4 days of plopsies before heading home.

• Like 1

_y-fowwxGlB2_pO-2-Ek3AQBNb9CXuTR5cLsThhrRQXSjomExDSWVghk8cwdcexS5CRfLG_40xP5k2F0tcAyEjUYPzNr-6bQLq9AIT99KS2sKaQEAeFcM4Q6axBHd-BtjUn1u72ou-_dM7MSc46DNcxjBupSRMkHSJv2_a1clsM0-rKLWupLzFGVY6mwn-qu-KaQ03sEpaZLcPpsa9jH_UIf8cJ541G2OMCm6aAoOkJN0vFKhZUk5nG_PL0p__IArFjY8awB5GRBmJhH5icQaCr9VT8sP6f3J7ftAeNXDhPtQRN4w7rPknJGiSB1skbZOQexWeSRZ1HeuV6csQbDsbRr7FONBGZUuHaN_wR3SyN1f00LCd3iTeRj50_Og41BkyPJM43rXvX_dPw5saTxLtno8CnU4sSVNqyZIDp5o6aFewCZXhsUlAnR8j4w_V4eilnSJhDjxx7oKpfHt0vPSseQXSii9YWf3tMVgQTEuiBGcCb3bsReHmiFQcDHP9V6hXFrTQCKP6TdRRYHOiMllytVp4G2jJKp5Sjocdo5HXi8SjmMlfCGSp_iDaeaUGOyJULgCrSAafcA-l0dbTjBg8zmT7f8S0PLst8Husef-H3GgI66KO_9yGcoXwZQvtejPCaKAYA5TikoFousiBLul9Fv_DqdyNXFh-oUCp2ZUwCFP25GHi2MwbpCr-zI7xAi-uvXQ7TN16E4MMi9brPrkrM8=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

heres my trolly last used at Latitude last year. Did the job perfect, just needs some extra bungee ties for over the top for glast. Fits good size tent, air matress and cool box. Everything else on my back. Managed to get it for £40 quid, which was a steal but can recommend even if its a bit more money. 

Edited by Jacksamthompson
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

_y-fowwxGlB2_pO-2-Ek3AQBNb9CXuTR5cLsThhrRQXSjomExDSWVghk8cwdcexS5CRfLG_40xP5k2F0tcAyEjUYPzNr-6bQLq9AIT99KS2sKaQEAeFcM4Q6axBHd-BtjUn1u72ou-_dM7MSc46DNcxjBupSRMkHSJv2_a1clsM0-rKLWupLzFGVY6mwn-qu-KaQ03sEpaZLcPpsa9jH_UIf8cJ541G2OMCm6aAoOkJN0vFKhZUk5nG_PL0p__IArFjY8awB5GRBmJhH5icQaCr9VT8sP6f3J7ftAeNXDhPtQRN4w7rPknJGiSB1skbZOQexWeSRZ1HeuV6csQbDsbRr7FONBGZUuHaN_wR3SyN1f00LCd3iTeRj50_Og41BkyPJM43rXvX_dPw5saTxLtno8CnU4sSVNqyZIDp5o6aFewCZXhsUlAnR8j4w_V4eilnSJhDjxx7oKpfHt0vPSseQXSii9YWf3tMVgQTEuiBGcCb3bsReHmiFQcDHP9V6hXFrTQCKP6TdRRYHOiMllytVp4G2jJKp5Sjocdo5HXi8SjmMlfCGSp_iDaeaUGOyJULgCrSAafcA-l0dbTjBg8zmT7f8S0PLst8Husef-H3GgI66KO_9yGcoXwZQvtejPCaKAYA5TikoFousiBLul9Fv_DqdyNXFh-oUCp2ZUwCFP25GHi2MwbpCr-zI7xAi-uvXQ7TN16E4MMi9brPrkrM8=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

heres my trolly last used at Latitude last year. Did the job perfect, just needs some extra bungee ties for over the top for glast. Fits good size tent, air matress and cool box. Everything else on my back. Managed to get it for £40 quid, which was a steal but can recommend even if its a bit more money. 

That’s what I’m talking about. Where did you get yours from @Jacksamthompson? Any issues with bits falling off or breaking? 

1 minute ago, jimmillen said:

That’s what I’m talking about. Where did you get yours from @Jacksamthompson? Any issues with bits falling off or breaking? 

https://oypla.com/garden/garden-tools-equipment/heavy-duty-metal-gardening-trolley-green-trailer-cart?gclid=Cj0KCQiApL2QBhC8ARIsAGMm-KEASSutiisme520Gv2JTnD79NgF51_5Li-Wdk897N6zAwfjjwrIK20aAuRHEALw_wcB 

got it from here, but it was £40 at the time... looks like a generic cart though, so will most likely be able to get the same cheaper elsewhere. 

No issues yet, only one tyre a little deflated when i came to pack away - no isses apart from that though. Might bring an emergency pump in the car just in case it happens mid glas tho.

its super handy to stick the sides down and use as a little table once set up as well. shove loads of bits on top midweek. 

6 hours ago, Jacksamthompson said:

https://oypla.com/garden/garden-tools-equipment/heavy-duty-metal-gardening-trolley-green-trailer-cart?gclid=Cj0KCQiApL2QBhC8ARIsAGMm-KEASSutiisme520Gv2JTnD79NgF51_5Li-Wdk897N6zAwfjjwrIK20aAuRHEALw_wcB 

got it from here, but it was £40 at the time... looks like a generic cart though, so will most likely be able to get the same cheaper elsewhere. 

No issues yet, only one tyre a little deflated when i came to pack away - no isses apart from that though. Might bring an emergency pump in the car just in case it happens mid glas tho.

its super handy to stick the sides down and use as a little table once set up as well. shove loads of bits on top midweek. 

That’s essentially what I’ve got. 

My old man built and took this in 2017. It was heavy as fuck but he got away with it because of the weather. Think it would be a killer to manoeuvre in the mud. Pic from 2020 after it had been standing for a couple of years. 

4F861AB4-E6E4-4ED6-90F4-743C5A8B8A32.png

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 8:33 AM, Jay Pee said:

Apologies mate. Had a bad day yesterday. Tired and emotional. I admit i am a bit irrational. Suitcases with wheels are banned from this house. It's a near obsession held about self sustainable living.  I take a backpack (small) on a two week holiday. 

If I cant carry it comfortably walking for a few miles it stays at home.

A man after my own heart. Don't think I've checked a bag since I flew home from NZ in 2011. Added bonus of I'm in the taxi/bus while everyone else is still waiting for their luggage. 

Edited by philipsteak

Not sure if this has been posted before, but on the surface of it, this one looks quite good. It folds away for storage in a vehicle, and folds out into a nifty, spacious looking trolley (see link below). It also has pram type wheels which a certain efester ( '@ Oneeye'  I think) with an old perambulator assures is perfect for both dry and muddy weather conditions. However, I haven't looked for weaknesses with it yet. It says unavailable on Amazon, but I'm sure that it could be sourced elsewhere - and cheaper too, one suspects.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dura-Cart-Foldable-Gardening-Festival-Exhibitions/dp/B07VG2WLS7

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not sure if this has been posted before, but on the surface of it, this one looks quite good. It folds away for storage in a vehicle, and folds out into a nifty, spacious looking trolley (see link below). It also has pram type wheels which a certain efester ( '@ Oneeye'  I think) with an old perambulator assures is perfect for both dry and muddy weather conditions. However, I haven't looked for weaknesses with it yet. It says unavailable on Amazon, but I'm sure that it could be sourced elsewhere - and cheaper too, one suspects.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dura-Cart-Foldable-Gardening-Festival-Exhibitions/dp/B07VG2WLS7

Cheers @Yoghurt on a Stick - that actually looks the best from an ease of pulling perspective. 

Struggling to find it anywhere else though - looks like maybe discontinued 🙁

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Anybody have any experience using one of these things? Getting the coach and this folds up flat so ideal for not pissing off the coach driver, although feel like the wheels will probably turn to shit at the slightest sight of mud*

*not that there’ll be any

36A24D98-416E-4E35-8D78-42036CB7C067.jpeg

Not used one myself, but seen plenty bogged down or broken… 🙁 

Like you say, you might get away with it if it’s bone dry and the ground is firm. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Not used one myself, but seen plenty bogged down or broken… 🙁 

Yeah feel like I’ve seen the same but have forgotten in the festivals absence. Will probably leave it then as I really don’t fancy being one of those dickheads who’s trolley falls apart at the first hurdle and then the rest of the walk in is sheer hell. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Juggernaut-Folding-Fishing-Transportation-Trolley/dp/B00MJ14R0M

I got one of these a couple of years ago at Go Outdoors. Was a bit expensive but seems to be lasting. I meshed out all the big gaps around the sides to stop gear falling off. You can adjust the sides to make it wider as well. Tyres are good in all weather.

Edit: had a quick look and doesn't look like this is available anywhere now...sorry.

Edited by SighMo
Update.

• 5 weeks later...

If anybody is in the Telford area and need a trolley, then they might want to consider buying this 9which i have just noticed);

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/538492274432621/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_general&referral_story_type=general&tracking=

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

On 2/21/2022 at 6:45 PM, lazzareo said:

Been using this every year and it's brilliant.  Just make sure the tyres are the right pressure and secure everything with Gaffa tape.  Got mine from Aldi and costs around £35 👍

Industrial-Hand-Truck-A.thumb.jpeg.bba0f0dc10e560cc47c060e8a43e912b.jpeg

I've still got one of these from years ago. 

Instead of gaffer tape we use a tube of cling film. Use bungy cords (try to ensure the load is moving as little as possible) first then re-enforce with cling film going around overlapping a few times. Strong as. 

21 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

I've still got one of these from years ago. 

Instead of gaffer tape we use a tube of cling film. Use bungy cords (try to ensure the load is moving as little as possible) first then re-enforce with cling film going around overlapping a few times. Strong as. 

Single use plastic?