The best trolley

Tomothy123

11 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Not a chance I’m afraid save the £95 quid 

49 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not a chance I’m afraid save the £95 quid 

Yeah, i used to have a folding two wheeler with hard wheels and it was fine for metal tracks but on the mud could fold at unfortunate times.

People often refer to the need for pneumatic tyres on a decent trolley. 

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

People often refer to the need for pneumatic tyres on a decent trolley. 

Pneumatic tyres are great until you get a puncture, at which point you enter a whole other world of pain.  On my trolley I swapped out the pneumatics for a matching set of solid tyres with the same form factor and they are perfect.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MXW9457/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

Pneumatic tyres are great until you get a puncture, at which point you enter a whole other world of pain.  On my trolley I swapped out the pneumatics for a matching set of solid tyres with the same form factor and they are perfect.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MXW9457/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have pneumatics on my garden trolley - which has done over 200 festivals with no puncture! Always a first time, I guess!

Just now, David_303 said:

I have pneumatics on my garden trolley - which has done over 200 festivals with no puncture! Always a first time, I guess!

One of mine blew at End of the Road in 2016 - stony path and heavy load.  It was one of the front (steering) wheels as well which made things doubly painful!  The solid wheels have been great since and because the profile is the same they seem to be equally good at dealing with the terrain as pneumatics.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BluePaul said:

'ark at you, taking a pit crew with spare tyres, you flash git 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Oh that must have been annoying 

Luckily at EOTR the car parks are pretty close to General Camping although there is a bloody steep hill to navigate on the way so it could have been worse.  If the trip had been from Pink Car Parks to Gate A it might have been a different story!

6 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Not a chance in hell 

(Rear axle) Cycle trailers are the best. These work even in pretty heavy mud, better than any manhandled trolley.

Tow,efficiently, don't push or pull.

Bikes are allowed at all gates, plus you get to cycle (trailer disconnected) on site, which is a joy in itself.

HTB1DPjRXvjsK1Rjy1Xaq6zispXab.jpg

1 hour ago, bamber said:

(Rear axle) Cycle trailers are the best. These work even in pretty heavy mud, better than any manhandled trolley.

Tow,efficiently, don't push or pull.

Bikes are allowed at all gates, plus you get to cycle (trailer disconnected) on site, which is a joy in itself.

HTB1DPjRXvjsK1Rjy1Xaq6zispXab.jpg

Yes yes yes .., this is absolutely the way to do it … free bicycle storage at the lockups too 

On 3/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, FloorFiller said:

Getting the coach and this folds up flat so ideal for not pissing off the coach driver

I’m not sure what the benefit is from taking an empty trolley. If it was full of beer/tent I could understand but if you’re folding it up then anything you’re carrying to the coach still has to go in the coach. Your stuff doesn’t magically vanish if you fold the trolley up.

17 hours ago, tarw said:

Single use plastic?

It is sadly. I work on the basis that it's less bad than two rolls of gaffer tape which is adhesive and plastic. 

The festival has a high foot print of single use things - look at the number of failed cheap crappy trolleys on the way in and things that are used to try to secure them. We use a method that works, the waste from it is as minimal as we can but more sustainable solutions very welcome. I've been over 15 times and I still have my original trolley so I do try.

17 hours ago, chickenfire said:

My brother has one which we borrowed for camping last year. Mainly to haul stuff to beach. It’s of good quality yes, but don’t think the wheels would last Glastonbury, personally 

21 hours ago, chickenfire said:

As others have indicated - do NOT go down that route, for that way lies insanity.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Couldn't see why it wouldn't also work in muddy conditions.

Issues I’ve seen in heavy mud isn’t just down to the tyres. I’ve seen the axles and bearings get bent and sheared off. 

Lowering air pressure on pneumatic tyres will give them more surface area in slick conditions. That will help from sinking in mud. 

The earlier pic of someone posting a snow sledge isn’t actually that daft for swampy conditions although I’d want a more reinforced area where the rope attaches to the sledge. 

On 4/18/2022 at 2:26 PM, chickenfire said:

image.jpeg.ed3f64a6c8b432b4cf1a20be56db05d9.jpeg

this is in dry conditions…