2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

5 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Has anyone listened to these guys? Track has been out a while now but only recently discovered them, the album is really great and well worth a listen. Remind me a lot of Grinderman.

yeah, enjoyed that album quite a lot!

New DUDS album coming out in October, should be good.They were one of the highlights at End Of The Road. Got myself a ticket to the Brighton show too.

Edited by rhg_99

13 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Has anyone listened to these guys? Track has been out a while now but only recently discovered them, the album is really great and well worth a listen. Remind me a lot of Grinderman.

@dentalplan incoming to tell you off.

Amazing album, one of mine of the year for sure.

55 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Here's a Muse leak for my birthday. Of course.

https://dbr.ee/nd9o

Apparently "Matt says the song "Pressure" will answer "in multiple ways" about the pressure he feels to make new rock songs."

Riff sounds like a shit version of Over and Over and Over by Jack White.

Their best song since, like, The Resistance tbh.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Pinegrove have a new album out on Friday according to this huge article on them.

Yep just came here to post this. It's a weird position they're in at the moment and I hope what happened doesn't completely stall their career, 'cause I'm VERY stoked for this - Cardinal has become one of my most played albums of the past few years, and I'm hoping this one is another killer.

On 9/24/2018 at 6:48 PM, FloorFiller said:

Took me a few listens but I think the new Suede is brilliant and getting a lot of plays from me at the moment. Cold Hands is an absolute banger.

Had a listen today after reading this. Some good stuff! Cold Hands is a beaut!

Suede are one of those bands I used to love but were then erased from my mind for years, til I saw they were playing JP in 2015 (?), so I went through the back catalogue and had some seriously nostalgic shite going on, it rekindled my admiration for them. Hope this album grows on me a little more.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:54 AM, JacquelineS said:

From Folk Rock hero Kurt Vile's upcoming album. Showing a little Mark Kozelek type lyricism I think..

love this track, and have loved his solo albums. I didn't think his Park set a few years was his best gig, but maybe it was because i was in one of those awkward spots above the slope where the view is a bit difficult. I think I'd dashed over from a bit of Madness to catch him after a few drinks with a few on here....

good/quick piece in NY Times on him today...although a way-too-brief bit about him/Adam Granduciel and his stint in The War on Drugs...would be nice to have KV at Glastonbury next year, but i'm not sure The War on Drugs will be active in 2019....

from the article (link to full piece below)

In “Bassackwards,” the first single from “Bottle It In,” he sings, “I was on the moon, but more so, I was in the grass, so I was chilling out, but with a very drifting mind.”

“That’s not drugs, that lyric,” Mr. Vile said. “That’s more being in space from, you know, the weight of the world. Stress is often part of it. Being in a fog because of all the things I’ve got to do.” He added, “I’m not, like, a heavy drug user at the moment.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/arts/music/kurt-vile-bottle-it-in-interview.html

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Had a line ready about how this was a good song until Terry Crews stopped talking and Muse started, I actually really liked the song though. Fun enough pop song.

I probably won't be seeking it out to listen again but yeah it's a fun video and a catchy radio-rock tune. About as good as you can expect from Muse nowadays.

Had actually thought this album might be the one where the fans really do start to leave but that track might actually give their popularity a Dark Necessities-style shot in the arm.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I probably won't be seeking it out to listen again but yeah it's a fun video and a catchy radio-rock tune. About as good as you can expect from Muse nowadays.

Had actually thought this album might be the one where the fans really do start to leave but that track might actually give their popularity a Dark Necessities-style shot in the arm.

Checked the Muse forum for the first time in ages when I listened to the leak yesterday and they all think this and The Dark Side are their best songs since BHAR. Weird amount of positivity for the new album on there.

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Checked the Muse forum for the first time in ages when I listened to the leak yesterday and they all think this and The Dark Side are their best songs since BHAR. Weird amount of positivity for the new album on there.

Given that, for me, they've probably scraped together around a dozen good cuts since BHAR combined, I don't necessarily see that as a hard bar to get over. And I quite like Muse.

20 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

If they use BHAR as the benchmark for Muse getting back on form then I am not surprised that they like these ones.

21 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Given that, for me, they've probably scraped together around a dozen good cuts since BHAR combined, I don't necessarily see that as a hard bar to get over. And I quite like Muse.

Well no I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying it doesn't seem like it's gonna be the album that finally gets their fans offboard.

• Upvote 1