2018 New Music

the wonderwhy

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

John Grants newie sounds like it should be the closing credits music to a Brian De Palma movie. 

Occasionally slips into one of the awful "written by Frank Stallone" tunes at the end of the Rambo movies. 

it's 'Deeply Dippy' by Right Said Fred.

I'm seeing him soon, hoping he'll skip the new album. I'm not going to be that lucky, am i? 

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

John Grants newie sounds like it should be the closing credits music to a Brian De Palma movie. 

Occasionally slips into one of the awful "written by Frank Stallone" tunes at the end of the Rambo movies. 

The further he gets away from sounding like he did on Queen of Denmark, the close I am to giving up.

54 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

St.Vincent's MassEducation (piano versions of all the tracks from MASSEDUCTION) is absolutely sublime, all the tracks work brilliantly slowed down.

Bored the piss out of me tbh, I've skipped most of the track before the end.

Making my way through Cat Power's new one. It's good, but it doesn't instantly say "yeah, this is what I've been up to for the last 6 years" like Sun did. It's a pretty good record from the sounds of things, but I'm used to being able to obsess over a Cat Power album, and I'm not getting that vibe from this one.

Edited to give a bit of context; Stay got me hyped when that dropped, maybe I'll change perspective with repeated listens, but just from the opening notes it sounds a cut above all the other songs here.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN