Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

14 minutes ago, Graphic Design Pete said:

When you become a step parent you have to assume some sort of responsibility for that child, especially when the father is murdered. No, she didn't have to do anything for him, but she also didn't need to be so publicly horrible to him.

Step parent to a child who lives with their mother in another country, who the dad hasn’t seen in years? It’s scummy from Lennon, absolutely, but it’s a reach to pin it on Ono.

That said, a long drawn out court battle with a child who was neglected by the father… this doesn’t put her in a good light at all, no. I can see why she was protective over it as she essentially made a lot of that money through investments using John’s Beatles money, but Julian was definitely shortchanged. Still John’s fault though for not including him.

As an aside, my Dad’s mate’s brother brother wrote to Yoko about 40 years ago and she wrote back. They’ve been pan pals every since and he still gets a couple of letters a year from her. I’ve actually seen the hand written letters she sends to a 60 year old bloke in Sutton Coldfield.

It’s pretty cool.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just had an email saying that Franz Ferdinand's tour has been pushed back to October.

Balls.

Yeah same. Deflating but clearly we're still at that stage. For that matter a friend had the same experience today with his tickets to see Avril Lavigne, only she's shoved the whole thing back to 2023.

I just noticed on the poster their tour schedule appears to have Franz Ferdinand now going from Cologne to Glasgow to Copenhagen... talk about going the long way round.

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Yeah same. Deflating but clearly we're still at that stage. For that matter a friend had the same experience today with his tickets to see Avril Lavigne, only she's shoved the whole thing back to 2023.

I just noticed on the poster their tour schedule appears to have Franz Ferdinand now going from Cologne to Glasgow to Copenhagen... talk about going the long way round.

Glad the Stereophonics one I have planned is first night of the tour! 

22 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just had an email saying that Franz Ferdinand's tour has been pushed back to October.

Balls.

They've split the tour in two, rather than push back the whole thing. 

They're still active in Europe around Glasto so could play. 

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

image.thumb.png.3e224e5b7c2ba5c486b45acb792e25f7.png

Always good value this Festival- early bird tickets for Sat and Sunday £45 - we get them straight away as normally there is at least 2 or 3 artists you’d pay that to see. Royal Blood last year were great and we’d only paid £35 (2019 prices) 

12 minutes ago, sedra said:

Always good value this Festival- early bird tickets for Sat and Sunday £45 - we get them straight away as normally there is at least 2 or 3 artists you’d pay that to see. Royal Blood last year were great and we’d only paid £35 (2019 prices) 

Yeah we went for the first time as a family last year and got our early birds this year.  Plenty to keep us busy with the kids areas too