Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

My local festival - it's definitely come up with the goods again for me. Manics are a very strong addition and there's loads of smaller stuff I haven't seen like wet leg, Inhaler, Lathums, Red Rum Club etc. 

Lathums and Red Rum Club both def worth catching. Seen RRC once and they were great fun, @Gnomicideis a big cheerleader for them as well

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

My local festival - it's definitely come up with the goods again for me. Manics are a very strong addition and there's loads of smaller stuff I haven't seen like wet leg, Inhaler, Lathums, Red Rum Club etc. 

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Lathums and Red Rum Club both def worth catching. Seen RRC once and they were great fun, @Gnomicideis a big cheerleader for them as well

Yeah, I'd go to that if it wasn't the same weekend as Bearded. 

Intrigued by the Red Rum Club love on this forum as they seemed to me like something that’s usually looked down on on here.

Seen a couple of vids on Instagram and it sounded like Reverend and the Makers or something. Is that actually what they’re like or was what I saw a poor representation? Seen them mentioned quite a lot in the new music threads and whatnot.

Not tryna judge or anything just been surprised at how much I see them mentioned on here.

23 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Intrigued by the Red Rum Club love on this forum as they seemed to me like something that’s usually looked down on on here.

Seen a couple of vids on Instagram and it sounded like Reverend and the Makers or something. Is that actually what they’re like or was what I saw a poor representation? Seen them mentioned quite a lot in the new music threads and whatnot.

Not tryna judge or anything just been surprised at how much I see them mentioned on here.

Safe to say I don't fit with the tastes of a lot of people on here but for me, they are a truly great live band. 

The first album is up there with my favourites of the last few years, 2nd is really good, 3rd I'm still wrestling with. Some great stuff but it's not yet won me over.

11 hours ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They're very very tight live, which definitely helps. Something a bit different about them as well, someone more musically savvy than I can put it into the right terms I'm sure but I'd call it an almost...mariachi vibe to them at times? They don't really sit in what you'd probably think of as lad indie.

The fans are really into it as well, which always adds extra elements to a gig. They're def worth a look, they'll be in Brighton again soon and I'll probably shell out to go see them again.

Edited by Quark

10 hours ago, petewilson09 said:

Red Rum Club always put on a good show, good banter throughout the gigs and have developed a bit of a cult following. 

Having a trumpeter as a key member always help the live shows too 👍 🎺

Gotta love Joe The Blow!

55 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Rex Orange County, the UK bedroom pop star has announced ‘The Who Cares? Tour 2022’,

Manchester Castlefield Bowl, 07 July
Dublin Iveagh Gardens, 15
Glasgow SWG3 Galvanizers Yard, 02 Aug
London Gunnersbury Park, 13

I mean I get not wanting to do back to back gigs, but leaving a week or two in between is something! 

1 hour ago, Graphic Design Pete said:

Oh how the Manic Street Preachers have fallen. On a line below Meighan-less Kasabian. There's no justice there!

I think its a clever move taking a lower slot at a festival like this, getting them in front of a younger audience who might only think they know a couple of tracks. I doubt they'll go down well but I'll enjoy it! (Though I'm not that young...)

Edited by efcfanwirral

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think its a clever move taking a lower slot at a festival like this, getting them in front of a younger audience who might only think they know a couple of tracks. I doubt they'll go down well but I'll enjoy it! (Though I'm not that young...)

I try to get along to see them whenever I can. Always put on an excellent show and their new music isn't exactly bad. I guess they just don't appeal to a younger audience, and they never had that split which some bands have then come back with reunion hype.

The last time I remember their shows being hyped up is when they toured THB. One of the best shows I've ever been to, that was.

Edited by Graphic Design Pete

1 hour ago, Graphic Design Pete said:

I try to get along to see them whenever I can. Always put on an excellent show and their new music isn't exactly bad. I guess they just don't appeal to a younger audience, and they never had that split which some bands have then come back with reunion hype.

The last time I remember their shows being hyped up is when they toured THB. One of the best shows I've ever been to, that was.

Yeah i agree they put on great shows - Resistance is Futile tour at Manchester Arena in 2018 was incredible. I really liked that album and like what I've heard of the new one too 

9 hours ago, zahidf said:

Rex Orange County, the UK bedroom pop star has announced ‘The Who Cares? Tour 2022’,

Manchester Castlefield Bowl, 07 July
Dublin Iveagh Gardens, 15
Glasgow SWG3 Galvanizers Yard, 02 Aug
London Gunnersbury Park, 13

The worst park headliner of all time.

Joint worst park act of all time - joint with Yoko Ono.

23 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Don’t let @stuartbert two hats hear you say such things about yoko … I agree … she was truely horrific 

Yeah. I initially found it a bit funny and thus somewhat entertaining, but after 10 mins or so and you’re just watching some old mad woman who boned one of the Beatles yelling shrill, frantic gibberish into a mic, and you’re hungover and it just isn’t great. Or good. It is in fact, very very bad.

Edited by mattiloy

56 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Yeah. I initially found it a bit funny and thus somewhat entertaining, but after 10 mins or so and you’re just watching some old mad woman who boned one of the Beatles yelling shrill, frantic gibberish into a mic, and you’re hungover and it just isn’t great. Or good. It is in fact, very very bad.

She was on in the early evening.

How hungover were you?