FloorFiller

Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have strange admiration for the Stereophonics still being able to play arenas. No idea who keeps buying these tickets.

That'd be me and anyone else who likes to hear absolute bangaz. 

Na I realise they're not everyone's cup of tea but enough in their setlists for a good time, Mr Writer notwithstanding.

21 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Na I realise they're not everyone's cup of tea but enough in their setlists for a good time, Mr Writer notwithstanding.

I’ve always said that I like Word Gets Around and P&C, not too keen on everything since.

I’m just impressed that they’ve maintained a level of popularity despite not making much of an impression with their last few releases.

• Like 1

Years ago the Stereophonics booked a summer festival warmup show at the UEA (1,500 capacity). Me and my mate had tickets but then on the night Kelly's voice was shot and they couldn't play (Little Man Tate, as the support, played anyway).

I was a bit gutted, and given the reason for the show assumed that I'd get a refund and that would be that. 

But no, they came back when the festival run was over and played anyway. I always respected that and have a soft spot for them now.

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have strange admiration for the Stereophonics still being able to play arenas. No idea who keeps buying these tickets.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Got a freebie to Latitude this year and the field they were playing was packed for them! (we were wandering in during their last song for a decent spot for Underworld who were on afterwards btw)

On 9/17/2019 at 1:17 AM, vintagelaureate said:

Gutted their swerving the North West

They have gigs in Salford and Manchester between now and that tour. Maybe another to be added after those?

Speaking of Manc, I'm heading to the good ship YES to take part in their first birthday festivities on Friday! Free entry, free drinks, bands and DJs on all 4 floors, just a shame I've not been able to convince anyone I know to come!!

I'll still defo be there though, along with Tim Burgess playing out his record collection, there are two of my favourites. The ridiculously sublime Real Lies (FINALLY, YES) and the sublimely ridiculous Rhythm Method. There was a great buzz about the place for their opening weekend last year, hoping for more of the same on Friday.

• Upvote 1

I did like 2 stereophonics albums and did see them on the JEEP tour but after that I don't think I can tell you any other song, think Mr writer was the wake up call I needed

19 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

They are played on Radio X ALL THE TIME! It's like a propaganda channel for them, so no wonder they still shift tickets.

I'm not a fan.

5d80e2357e0d4.jpg

Surprised they weren't at the farm this year. Be very surprised if they're not there next year. They seem a prefect fit. Maybe a Park headliner?

Just got my tickets for Bath, so I have clash-proofed this one.

6 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Surprised they weren't at the farm this year. Be very surprised if they're not there next year. They seem a prefect fit. Maybe a Park headliner?

Just got my tickets for Bath, so I have clash-proofed this one.

They were really good when I saw them on the last tour, thnk it's a long shot for Glastonbury to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

thnk it's a long shot for Glastonbury to be honest.

Why's that? I thought the opposite...

Have to say, the setlists form the last tour looked superb, especially as Meddle is included in the time-frame. Chuffed I got tickets, good ones too.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Have to say, the setlists form the last tour looked superb, especially as Meddle is included in the time-frame. Chuffed I got tickets, good ones too.

As did I. Hoping the tour sells badly and as Dublin is the first night Nick asks Rodge to appear to boost sales......

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. My thoughts are there's not a huge track record of bringing these 'heritage' acts to Glastonbury, and there's not many slots they could fit in. Headliners for the Park tend to be relatively new acts, so it may just leave the rock slot on the Pyramid, or maybe headlining the Acoustic. 

Gary Kemp does a super job in the band by the way, I was well impressed by him. The first Pink Floyd LP I bought was Relics and as they play much of that I was happy.

Edited by Avalon_Fields

1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. My thoughts are there's not a huge track record of bringing these 'heritage' acts to Glastonbury, and there's not many slots they could fit in. Headliners for the Park tend to be relatively new acts, so it may just leave the rock slot on the Pyramid, or maybe headlining the Acoustic. 

Gary Kemp does a super job in the band by the way, I was well impressed by him. The first Pink Floyd LP I bought was Relics and as they play much of that I was happy.

Ha ha, I hope I'm right and you're wrong too!

I don't think it's too much of a stretch, but I know what you mean by 'heritage' - it's just one original member away from being a tribute act isn't it! Much like Steve Hackett touring with a 100% Genesis setlist. Be that as it may, it's still an original member and that's good enough for me. Comparing them to Glass's "Heroes" Symphony who headlined the Park, it's not too wild a shout. How about the acoustic stage? How strict are they on 'acoustic' these days, because they certainly go for the err... more mature acts.

7 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Ha ha, I hope I'm right and you're wrong too!

I don't think it's too much of a stretch, but I know what you mean by 'heritage' - it's just one original member away from being a tribute act isn't it! Much like Steve Hackett touring with a 100% Genesis setlist. Be that as it may, it's still an original member and that's good enough for me. Comparing them to Glass's "Heroes" Symphony who headlined the Park, it's not too wild a shout. How about the acoustic stage? How strict are they on 'acoustic' these days, because they certainly go for the err... more mature acts.

Yeah it's not restricted to acoustic acts at all. Quite far from it. It's essentially the oldies' stage and the only place I could see Nick Mason being booked.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Avalon?

It was my first thought, but I think he'd get an enormous crowd for the Avalon

He could be a warm up for the legend slot? Like when Tony Christie played before Tom Jones?

On 9/18/2019 at 6:11 PM, Superunknown said:

I remember when I used to work at the arena and rolling my eyes that they were on that night but was singing along to every word tidying the stall and decided to sneak in to see the rest of it (no one tell Linda).

If they'd take a lower slot they'd be a hoot. Boring and safe but an easy win for the fest.

70898609_10156335036812019_8348310052733452288_o.jpg

Also: 
10th: O2 Academy Glasgow
11th: O2 Academy Newcastle
12th: O2 Academy Birmingham
13th: O2 Victoria Warehouse Manchester

Edited by JSmurphy

10 minutes ago, Jericode said:

15th in Brighton too for BFS

Ooh now, for giggles that is quite tempting :D

24 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

70898609_10156335036812019_8348310052733452288_o.jpg