Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

18 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Seems to be those 3 plus Def Leppard, Slipknot & Aerosmith on rotation.

They used to have a few others but My Chemical Romance, The Prodigy, Linkin Park and Lostprophets can't do it any more for various reasons.

Edited by Padjeq

Alex Cameron was amazing again tonight, would have forgot about it if Dice hadn't reminded me but I wont be forgetting what I saw.  They really really need to play a different venue next time though as there's only so many times I can see the same aussie saxophonist review the same stool (and twice is that amount, seemingly).

9 hours ago, priest17 said:

Alex Cameron was amazing again tonight, would have forgot about it if Dice hadn't reminded me but I wont be forgetting what I saw.  They really really need to play a different venue next time though as there's only so many times I can see the same aussie saxophonist review the same stool (and twice is that amount, seemingly).

Crowd was so good. I dunno if he's gonna get any bigger than he currently is but he has a very solid fanbase. Thought a couple of the new songs were a bit flat compared to on record but nothing too drastic. Divorce was brilliant. 

Definitely the weakest review I've seen from Roy, he didn't know what to say once he was being asked to stand on the stool hahaha.

https://www.jasondonovan.com/tour

Tour starts in September so maybe a bit late for Glastonbury. Could see him taking the 'nostalgic cheese' slot in Avalon of an afternoon.

Shite me that's a lot of dates to sell though. Doing his bit for the environment I guess. Making sure every single fan is within walking distance of a show!

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's almost like there's a production line of male solo artists who get inexplicably massive.

First Sheeran, then George Ezra (guaranteed Headliner 21/22 - whenever his next album is out), now it looks like Capaldi is the next taxi off the rank.

Capaldi's old news. It's Sam Fender now!

Edited by payneruk

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's almost like there's a production line of male solo artists who get inexplicably massive.

First Sheeran, then George Ezra (guaranteed Headliner 21/22 - whenever his next album is out), now it looks like Capaldi is the next taxi off the rank.

sames as it ever was. when Mumford got big, and then went off to record album no.2, we had a stream of rickety guitar/banjo type acts pushed out by records labels and shoved onto the radio to fill the gap; Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic zeros...

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Where would Billie fit if she did Glastonbury again? I feel like it'd have to be Pyramid sub or Other headline.

Get her on before Tay tbh.

Pyramid sub yeah. 

I need to be careful because wanting Billie Eilish, Foals, Lana Del Rey, Bon Iver as subs next year is a bit ambitious.

I mean... she could play third down pyramid but she’s headlining at most festivals she plays at now. Might be too low for her now.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pyramid sub yeah. 

I need to be careful because wanting Billie Eilish, Foals, Lana Del Rey, Bon Iver as subs next year is a bit ambitious.

I mean... she could play third down pyramid but she’s headlining at most festivals she plays at now. Might be too low for her now.

It's a funny one because I can't imagine she has the fondest memory of Glastonbury after the issues she had, so yeah why would she take 3rd down when she's headlining elsewhere. She might even turn her nose up at a sub spot tbh.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say she skips the festival entirely. My initial thought after this year's festival was that we wouldn't see her at Glastonbury for a number of years until she's an out and out headliner, and I'll stick with that prediction for now.