Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's a funny one because I can't imagine she has the fondest memory of Glastonbury after the issues she had, so yeah why would she take 3rd down when she's headlining elsewhere. She might even turn her nose up at a sub spot tbh.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say she skips the festival entirely. My initial thought after this year's festival was that we wouldn't see her at Glastonbury for a number of years until she's an out and out headliner, and I'll stick with that prediction for now.

I watched her set and thought with a solid second album possible 2021 or 2022 headliner...so yea I feel like she may skip 2020. 

22 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's a funny one because I can't imagine she has the fondest memory of Glastonbury after the issues she had, so yeah why would she take 3rd down when she's headlining elsewhere. She might even turn her nose up at a sub spot tbh.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say she skips the festival entirely. My initial thought after this year's festival was that we wouldn't see her at Glastonbury for a number of years until she's an out and out headliner, and I'll stick with that prediction for now.

What were the issues?, if sound surely that could happen anywhere?

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What were the issues?, if sound surely that could happen anywhere?

Well they could, but she seemed particularly hacked off about it all. I'm just thinking when every festival will be looking to book her, she's not exactly going to have the fondest memories of Glastonbury. She seemed visibly happier with her sets at R+L and Big Weekend, for example.

Reckon she might headline RandL next year.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Well they could, but she seemed particularly hacked off about it all. I'm just thinking when every festival will be looking to book her, she's not exactly going to have the fondest memories of Glastonbury. She seemed visibly happier with her sets at R+L and Big Weekend, for example.

Those dates count her out for Reading festival I’d say.

I think her management aren’t accepting anything below headline now. I agree I don’t think she’l be back at the festival unless the festival books her to headline.

Emily is very fond of her. So maybe it will be stormzy style booking on her second album.

3D99DF33-59D4-4EEA-9BE1-6AA8D83BAF17.png

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see it go just like PM and she co-headlines, she's not subbing on 2 Manc, 2 02 and Brummy.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think her management aren’t accepting anything below headline now. I agree I don’t think she’l be back at the festival unless the festival books her to headline.

Emily is very fond of her. So maybe it will be stormzy style booking on her second album.

I agree re: Billie because I feel it will be a very similar set, and she already played that same set at RandL and Big Weekend this year as well. Lizzo, however, smashed it to such a massive degree that I wouldn't have any issues seeing her return immediately for one of the major slots. She's a special case IMO. Her profile has also skyrocketed since the festival.

Edited by jparx

I wouldn't be surprised if by next year, Billie Eilish would have released a single, most likely for a soundtrack (I'm thinking that new Harley Quinn one) that goes massive, doing enough to give her a strong spot on the Pyramid. It will be too soon to have moved onto her next campaign by next year so a soundtrack single would be enough

With the momentum of her career at this point I don’t really see Billie returning to Glastonbury anytime soon, if ever. She’ll no doubt soon be out of its price range or just commanding headline spots full stop, and after having already done it this year it won’t be a box ticker or whatever other reason many big acts tend to do it. 

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I also completely missed that she’s outright headlining Nos Alive. 

A festival where two of the headliners are Billie Eilish and Taylor Swift. @GETOFFAMYLAWN fancy a holiday?

Can only imagine the outrage over on that thread. The dude with the iron maiden avatar must be livid ? seriously considring that as a backup plan for Glastonbury.

15 hours ago, Matt42 said:

3D99DF33-59D4-4EEA-9BE1-6AA8D83BAF17.png

Is she really big or is that bloke really small?