Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

38 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Personally I was a Razorlight fan way back when and The Coral so for me it's great but I shall rely on Glasto and neither of them are likely to clash too heavily 

I maybe wouldn’t go as far as to say Razorlight will never play Glastonbury again, but if they did it’d be somewhere completely away from the TV cameras like Avalon or Will’s Green.

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I maybe wouldn’t go as far as to say Razorlight will never play Glastonbury again, but if they did it’d be somewhere completely away from the TV cameras like Avalon or Will’s Green.

They’re sort of act that could open the Other - a name people recognise but not so big they’ll draw a dangerously big crowd.

Not looked at the full tour but Razorlight have sold out the Ritz in Manchester. They're easily a band worthy of a slot on the Other or JP going off that. I've only heard the single off the new album and it's absolutely tragic, but I would still be up for seeing them if they did loads of old stuff tbh. Opening Other would be no good though as I wouldn't have had time to drink enough to accept the fact I'm watching Razorlight in 2019.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They’re sort of act that could open the Other

Maybe on Saturday.

6 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Not looked at the full tour but Razorlight have sold out the Ritz in Manchester. They're easily a band worthy of a slot on the Other or JP going off that. 

You what? I know people tend to tip any washed up bunch to pop up on the Other Stage but why on Earth would they play the John Peel?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

You what? I know people tend to tip any washed up bunch to pop up on the Other Stage but why on Earth would they play the John Peel?

Dunno hahah just figured if they can play the Other they can also play a smaller stage that also has indie rock acts. But yeah just had a proper look at JP lineups and it tends to be bands that are still good or new bands and not much in between.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

The Other is where knackered old bands finally go to die. It’s Valhalla for landfill indie.

Nah this is a myth. People talk about the Other Stage like it's got Cast and the Pigeon Detectives running wild. There's the odd Kaiser Chief here and Editors there but they still get booked at anything.

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah this is a myth. People talk about the Other Stage like it's got Cast and the Pigeon Detectives running wild. There's the odd Kaiser Chief here and Editors there but they still get booked at anything.

Kaisers (twice), Courteeners (twice), Editors, Catfish (twice) Viva Brother, Charlatans, Twin Atlantic, The Subways... and more, all within the last four years.

The Other: Home of shit indie

(I’ve been a bit mean lumping Charlatans in with those other turds)

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Kaisers (twice), Courteeners (twice), Editors, Catfish (twice) Viva Brother, Charlatans, Twin Atlantic, The Subways... and more, all within the last four years.

The Other: Home of shit indie

(I’ve been a bit mean lumping Charlatans in with those other turds)

Those bands aren't (or weren't) dying, though, are they? They're not even old except The Charlatans. Courteeners and Catfish are subs at major festivals like R&L/TRNSMT; Editors and Kaisers are the closest you get to the likes of Razorlight but they've maintained their status as like 4th down Other Stage bands, and like dental said they get booked everywhere still; Twin Atlantic are the same size they've always been. The likes of Razorlight play random small town festivals because no one who goes to a real festival wants to see them these days.

It's the home of crap indie, yeah, but crap indie that's still relevant. The Charlatans are pretty irrelevant, but all the acts who do that Other opener slot are pretty irrelevant. If Razorlight were still as big as James/The Charlatans they might be able to do that slot.

On 12/2/2018 at 3:02 PM, The Nal said:

Springsteen next year over in these shores

No e street next year

"Just a note to quell some of the rumors over here on E Street. While we hope to be back with you soon, the E Street Band won’t be touring in 2019. Before I go back to my day job, the year will be consumed with a break after our Broadway run and various recording projects I’ve been working on. We do hope to see you soon, and until then, we have some mighty E Streeters out there regularly performing with their own projects who’d love and deserve your support. All love and Happy Holidays!

- Bruce Springsteen'

5 hours ago, zahidf said:

No e street next year

"Just a note to quell some of the rumors over here on E Street. While we hope to be back with you soon, the E Street Band won’t be touring in 2019. Before I go back to my day job, the year will be consumed with a break after our Broadway run and various recording projects I’ve been working on. We do hope to see you soon, and until then, we have some mighty E Streeters out there regularly performing with their own projects who’d love and deserve your support. All love and Happy Holidays!

- Bruce Springsteen'

Yes, just seen this too, gutted, I should have seen him enough by now...

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

agree with that. All a bit flat.

I thought some of it was pretty nice, especially some of the near-acapella bit, but it was hardly rocking and not really suitable for the second to last act on the main stages of the whole festival.  Would have been great in The Park 5 hours earlier.

Yeah, she did nothing wrong in that set, and objectively it was really good, but it was a proper 'shit weather, brexit vote' slump. It was only the exceptional lcd set afterwards that was able to lift the spirits, by providing escapism.

PJ that night tapped into, and reflected the general mood. LCD, on the other hand, hijacked the mood and refused to let it go where it was originally heading. 

• Upvote 3