Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

As Dental said, I dunno how you can draw any conclusions at all from him doing what he’s been doing for the last couple of years. Anyway, he’s at Glasto all the time as a punter so playing down the road seems sensible. He’s obviously not a fan of The Cure. 

Anyway, how have Cardiff bagged such good supports? 

Well if Liam is subbing Stormzy I highly doubt Noel is either headlining Other that night or playing third down below Liam. So the remaining possibilities are subbing Macca and opening the festival. Last time Macca played he picked The Black Eyed Peas to sub him, and with the rumours of Childish Gambino subbing next year hopefully they're going down a similar route rather than sticking the shittier version of Paul McCartney on before him.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well if Liam is subbing Stormzy I highly doubt Noel is either headlining Other that night or playing third down below Liam. So the remaining possibilities are subbing Macca and opening the festival. Last time Macca played he picked The Black Eyed Peas to sub him, and with the rumours of Childish Gambino subbing next year hopefully they're going down a similar route rather than sticking the shittier version of Paul McCartney on before him.

He’s playing in 2020 according to you so I wouldn’t worry yourself mate. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

As Dental said, I dunno how you can draw any conclusions at all from him doing what he’s been doing for the last couple of years. Anyway, he’s at Glasto all the time as a punter so playing down the road seems sensible. He’s obviously not a fan of The Cure. 

Anyway, how have Cardiff bagged such good supports? 

Welsh, init.

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Oh yeah I get that but The Cure aren’t playing 2 days in a row anywhere so I’d presume it’s more likely that they’re Sunday. 

I'd say it'll be about what Glasto are wanting to do before that, on the basis that the fest approached the band and not the other way round.

For me, I think if the festival had free choice it'd be The Cure on Saturday and Macca on Sunday (tho I've got day guesses wrong before).

I agree that the two days on the trot thing suggests it won't be Saturday, but various commitments get put in various people's diaries where not all of the preferences can be had.

Edited by eFestivals

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say it'll be about what Glasto are wanting to do before that, on the basis that the fest approached the band and not the other way round.

For me, I think if the festival had free choice it'd be The Cure on Saturday and Macca on Sunday (tho I've got day guesses wrong before).

I agree that the two days on the trot thing suggests it won't be Saturday, but various commitments get put in various people's diaries where not all of the preferences can be had.

Yeah completely agree and I’m sure they won’t turn down headlining if that’s all Glastonbury could offer.  If I had to guess right now though I’d certainly be putting The Cure as Sunday .