Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Had my second competition success of the year in terms of gigs (although I'd be surprised if Lionel Richie's outdoor show in Belfast goes ahead in early June).

Chuck Ragan on 21st April 2022 - hopefully things will be back to normal by then!

Seems to be doing a Europe/UK tour. Not going to lie, I had never heard of him before but enjoying listening on Spotify.

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

Had my second competition success of the year in terms of gigs (although I'd be surprised if Lionel Richie's outdoor show in Belfast goes ahead in early June).

Chuck Ragan on 21st April 2022 - hopefully things will be back to normal by then!

Seems to be doing a Europe/UK tour. Not going to lie, I had never heard of him before but enjoying listening on Spotify.

You ever heard of the band Hot Water Music? He is the lead singer for them. 

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

Nice, I will check them out.

Listened to a couple of hours of his solo stuff yesterday and thought it was pretty decent.

He's great live, you'll not regret the cost of a ticket. 

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Confirmation of MK's rescheduled UK tour. Missed him in Stockholm just before the bad times hit so very tempted to fly back to Glasgow for this one given it's a Friday night.

Aaaaaaaaand they're gone 🙁

On 3/2/2021 at 12:22 PM, Greenelk said:

The building and the view are amazing, but the sound from half way back in the main hall always sounds dreadful.  And it's a pain in the arse to get to

Yeah first time I went to Ally Pally for a gig was to see Florence and the Machine on a Thursday night. Was a pretty dreadful journey there as peak hours meant I couldn't get on the heavy rail train out of King's Cross, so had to go a tube station even further away and walk an extra trek on top of that bloody hill. Was pretty shit.

I've been to worse venues for sound tbf but it can be inconsistent - Foals there in June 2019, which was my last visit, sounded great, as did Two Door Cinema Club. Last Shadow Puppets was fairly muddy and Frank Turner was as well, though that probably owed as much to the fact I had a bad cold at the time and my hearing wasn't at full capacity. But I felt my only visit to Earls Court was worse.

Isn't it meant to be relatively cheap to book the lower bowl of the O2 for a smaller capacity? Seem to recall somebody booked it there because it was cheaper than Wembley Arena.

16 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Isn't it meant to be relatively cheap to book the lower bowl of the O2 for a smaller capacity? Seem to recall somebody booked it there because it was cheaper than Wembley Arena.

The O2 is booked most nights though.

Journey to/from AP isn’t as bad as some would have you think. I usually get the tube to Finsbury Park and it’s 15 minutes on a bus from there. Same going back home again.

It’s one thing having a large proportion of the UK vaccinated by the summer, but another to think we’ll be back to unrestricted travel by then. From a logistical point of view I don’t see it being likely we’ll have large European/UK tours from overseas acts for a while yet. I reckon the Isle of Wight Festival will lose Lionel Ritchie and possibly Duran Duran. I reckon GnR will postpone for another year too.

Just now, henry bear said:

It’s one thing having a large proportion of the UK vaccinated by the summer, but another to think we’ll be back to unrestricted travel by then. From a logistical point of view I don’t see it being likely we’ll have large European/UK tours from overseas acts for a while yet. I reckon the Isle of Wight Festival will lose Lionel Ritchie and possibly Duran Duran. I reckon GnR will postpone for another year too.

I'm pretty sure by September you'll be able to travel. Particularly if you're older (i.e. vaccinated) or are travelling for work (e.g. an artist).

That said, I don't think bands will take the risk so this is all theoretical...

Aren't Duran Duran from Birmingham though?!!

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Aren't Duran Duran from Birmingham though?!!

Have you ever moved?

Aren't USA hoping to vaccinate the adult population before we do? I can see American acts being able to travel to UK. Maybe not to Europe but I guess it depends on the type of act as to whether it's worth coming just to the UK. Lionel Richie, for instance, makes his dollar playing forests and parks around the UK and less so on European airfields.

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Does anyone know/have an opinion on whether Guns 'n' Roses at Tottenham on 18th & 19th June is likely to go ahead?

Unfortunately my MCR gig falls into the same date and it seems very unlikely, bit surprised they haven't confirmed anything yet so they could just be pushing it back to like August? Realistically I'd say it's another year waiting

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Have you ever moved?

Aren't USA hoping to vaccinate the adult population before we do? I can see American acts being able to travel to UK. Maybe not to Europe but I guess it depends on the type of act as to whether it's worth coming just to the UK. Lionel Richie, for instance, makes his dollar playing forests and parks around the UK and less so on European airfields.

Sorry, I thought Duran Duran were Brits and lived in London.