Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I thought so but they're from there, aren't they?

New Avril Lavigne-inspired direction is serving up some bangers as well.

yeah hometown gig - comfortably sold out the Academy last time, new songs seem to be all over the radio. Such a good live band too - the songs sound way better live

5 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Due to see the 2020 delayed Goldfrapp tour at Usher Hall Edinburgh March 30th. Can’t see it going ahead, but surprised there’s been no announcement yet.

I've got tickets for the Birmingham show. Expecting to hear that it's been moved to 2022 any day now.

Jessie Ware at Brixton this April has been pushed back to December. 
Makes sense as sold out so social distancing not really an option. 
Just a shame it’s been moved from a Saturday night to a Sunday, but as long as it goes ahead, that’s the main thing. 

44 minutes ago, foolee said:

Travis April/May tour has just been rescheduled for 2022

If a tour with venues like that is being moved back to 2022 now then anything 10k and up surely has no chance. Slam Dunk is just over 20k for eg and they have pretty much accepted it's later this year or not at all. But as said, their crowd on the whole won't be vaccined until end of July at the minimum with August to September the more likely. I'm in the same barrier and older than me are in there too so I'm not expecting mine until August.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If a tour with venues like that is being moved back to 2022 now then anything 10k and up surely has no chance. Slam Dunk is just over 20k for eg and they have pretty much accepted it's later this year or not at all. But as said, their crowd on the whole won't be vaccined until end of July at the minimum with August to September the more likely. I'm in the same barrier and older than me are in there too so I'm not expecting mine until August.

Still convinced open air events have a chance June onwards 

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

Still convinced open air events have a chance June onwards 

I know there are other threads on this subject, but we’ve vaccinated 10m people in a month. Now I appreciate that things will slow down when second doses start happening but by June it’s not unreasonable to think half the population will have had at least one jab.

Would that be enough?

The official advice to the industry based on the culture fund scheme remains phased opening with social distancing from April and then back to full cap from 1st July. 

I'm skeptical that it'll happen but that's the position at the moment. Whatever the scientists say, it's hard to see this government in particular not taking the earliest opportunity to open up completely.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I know there are other threads on this subject, but we’ve vaccinated 10m people in a month. Now I appreciate that things will slow down when second doses start happening but by June it’s not unreasonable to think half the population will have had at least one jab.

Would that be enough?

Yes but what people? It's alright to say half the population but it's the elder half. We need to look at what population will attending the gigs and concerts that in the majority people in there early to late 20's and many before early 20's attend.

So off of a check. Whether I am 34 or 19 for eg, my first is between April 27th and June 14th. 

Yours second is from July 20th and September 6th. Based on that they take 3 weeks to be in your system. I don't think they will have mass open gigs until the complete treatment is sorted. So you are looking at end of September time.

Bearing in mind after a check. This barrier excluding anyone who is at very high risk/vulnerable, everyone from 49 years to low. From 50 years old, the 1st jab is a few days before and significantly quicker end times estimated for both 1st and 2nd jab. So even me being 34, when that first window comes I am looking at towards the end of May myself and then middle of August if I'm lucky meaning end of the 1st week of September. For a festival like Slam Dunk, Reading, the Y Not's and Kendall's etc the average attendee won't be on a second jab. End of the Road is scraping it.

I now it sounds morbid and miserable, negative etc but it's a reality. And this is the final step the government have to get right, because as another said. There is millions of people relying on them and they will be fucked for a vote in the election if they get it wrong.

Edited by thewayiam

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes but what people? It's alright to say half the population but it's the elder half. We need to look at what population will attending the gigs and concerts that in the majority people in there early to late 20's and many before early 20's attend.

So off of a check. Whether I am 34 or 19 for eg, my first is between April 27th and June 14th. 

Yours second is from July 20th and September 6th. Based on that they take 3 weeks to be in your system. I don't think they will have mass open gigs until the complete treatment is sorted. So you are looking at end of September time.

Bearing in mind after a check. This barrier excluding anyone who is at very high risk/vulnerable, everyone from 49 years to low. From 50 years old, the 1st jab is a few days before and significantly quicker end times estimated for both 1st and 2nd jab. So even me being 34, when that first window comes I am looking at towards the end of May myself and then middle of August if I'm lucky meaning end of the 1st week of September. For a festival like Slam Dunk, Reading, the Y Not's and Kendall's etc the average attendee won't be on a second jab. End of the Road is scraping it.

I now it sounds morbid and miserable, negative etc but it's a reality. And this is the final step the government have to get right, because as another said. There is millions of people relying on them and they will be fucked for a vote in the election if they get it wrong.

I think the government won't wait that long. They are prioritizing the elderly and the vunerable, after that I think stuff will go back to normal remarkably fast. They won't wait for herd immunity just like they dont enforce people to wait for her immunity for the normal flu. Spread goes down over the summer anyway (as seen last year) so I reckon by July/August, gigs will be relatively back to normal (just attending events will be at your own risk).

I dont think big events like Notting Hill Carnival will necessarily be on (less money tied up in it compared to fests) but I'm pretty optimistic about R&L and other fests that weekend. THink Boomtown may not make it this year because of the long setup time though...

5 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I think the government won't wait that long. They are prioritizing the elderly and the vunerable, after that I think stuff will go back to normal remarkably fast. They won't wait for herd immunity just like they dont enforce people to wait for her immunity for the normal flu. Spread goes down over the summer anyway (as seen last year) so I reckon by July/August, gigs will be relatively back to normal (just attending events will be at your own risk).

I dont think big events like Notting Hill Carnival will necessarily be on (less money tied up in it compared to fests) but I'm pretty optimistic about R&L and other fests that weekend. THink Boomtown may not make it this year because of the long setup time though...

You think they will do this? How did you get covid?, oh I attended a gig at my own risk that has then spread to someone else and here we go again.

I think summer last year here is too early to go by given it was the end March that the first lockdown came into force and lasted into summer. People continuingly being allowed to travel back to the UK at a colder time of the year was the issue. Australia are in their summer, they have been since December and NSW recorded some of their highest numbers since the start last month as did other parts of Australia. They didn't put restrictions in place for no reason. New Zealand are also in their summer and saw not as many obviously but a rise in cases. New Zealand and Australia in colder times however were actually better off mostly.

Brandon and Ronnie from The Killers did a fans Q&A on Instagram over the weekend and said they're not sure whether their planned May/June shows will be happening. Wouldn't be surprised if they fall through the cracks tbh.

Also had tickets to Haim, Green Day and Foals in June. Foals feels likeliest but can't say I'm confident any of them will be in motion.