Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Yup, saw them touring the first album in 2018 and they were fantastic at their own show too. 

Tbh I'm pleasantly surprised at the ticket price too. I thought we might be paying a premium to compensate for the last year, probably more expensive cancellation insurance etc. 

Yeah I'm tempted by the ticket/album bundle but still unsure about buying tickets as I'm still pessimistic about getting to gigs this year 

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Yeah I'm tempted by the ticket/album bundle but still unsure about buying tickets as I'm still pessimistic about getting to gigs this year 

My view is buy the tickets and get a refund if/when I need to. Hopefully the cash not being in my accounts will support the artists and venues for the interim even if they end up giving it back. I fully appreciate not everyone has that luxury though. 

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Have any of you heard anything about those social distanced Shame gigs? They were in early feb 

Nope. I was thinking about this before as i was buying their album. 

Im actually hoping that its rearranged to another socially distanced gig as i'm rather intrigued at how it'll go. Haven't been to one yet and hopefully they wont be a thing for much longer, so want to get one in before they're a thing of the past...

5 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Cheers for that - with this and Shame I will have a couple of hopes for later in the year.

I have a flurry of gigs in April and May that I am just waiting to be cancelled now it seems. I expect when one goes the rest will fall like dominoes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Have any of you heard anything about those social distanced Shame gigs? They were in early feb 

I read they were working on re-scheduling them and that we'd get news either the end of this week/start of next week. Probably do it during the summer now I would have thought

14 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I have a flurry of gigs in April and May that I am just waiting to be cancelled now it seems. I expect when one goes the rest will fall like dominoes.

Just had a little look at my calendar for the first time in a while and prompted me to find out about a few reschedules that I hadn't even heard about. 

First gig that hasn't been cancelled/postpone so far is mid April. I know Easter was a goal for getting back to normal but I can't see indoor gigs happening before any outdoor summer events as things stand. 

April/May is absolutely packed for me. Of course, they will all be rescheduled and start clashing which will inevitably mean lots of booking fees lost.

In April/May, I have:

Goldfrapp
Lianne La Havas
British Sea Power
Nadia Reid
Biffy Clyro
Tribes
Bear's Den
Idles x 2
Sports Team
Mystery Jets
Fontaines DC
Pillow Queens
Foals
Sophie Ellis Bextor
Pa Salieu
Sorry
Billy Nomates
Melanie C
Arlo Parks
The Killers
Brockhampton
Another Sky
Daniel Sloss

Got Celeste presale tickets for July gig at Union Chapel. 
Feels slightly ambitious for what is a pretty small venue but you’ve got to keep the dream alive. 
Also got Children of Zeus in March (virtually no hope this is going ahead) and both Lianne La Havas and Jessie Ware in April. 

11 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Just had a little look at my calendar for the first time in a while and prompted me to find out about a few reschedules that I hadn't even heard about. 

First gig that hasn't been cancelled/postpone so far is mid April. I know Easter was a goal for getting back to normal but I can't see indoor gigs happening before any outdoor summer events as things stand. 

My first is 11th April but really can't see that going ahead. I just hope they're rescheduled rather than canceled.

20 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

April/May is absolutely packed for me. Of course, they will all be rescheduled and start clashing which will inevitably mean lots of booking fees lost.

In April/May, I have:

Goldfrapp
Lianne La Havas
British Sea Power
Nadia Reid
Biffy Clyro
Tribes
Bear's Den
Idles x 2
Sports Team
Mystery Jets
Fontaines DC
Pillow Queens
Foals
Sophie Ellis Bextor
Pa Salieu
Sorry
Billy Nomates
Melanie C
Arlo Parks
The Killers
Brockhampton
Another Sky
Daniel Sloss

Yikes, that's a full diary! Gig-wise, I've got IDLES x 2 in April, IDLES in May, Faith No More in June and Pearl Jam in July and I can't see any of the them going ahead. I've refrained from committing to anything else until I have more confidence, partly due to the ball ache it was in getting refunds from all events last year, notwithstanding the seemingly non-refundable booking fee. It's all very frustrating, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yikes, that's a full diary! Gig-wise, I've got IDLES x 2 in April, IDLES in May, Faith No More in June and Pearl Jam in July and I can't see any of the them going ahead. I've refrained from committing to anything else until I have more confidence, partly due to the ball ache it was in getting refunds from all events last year, notwithstanding the seemingly non-refundable booking fee. It's all very frustrating, isn't it?

Very! So many of these are rescheduled (or re-rescheduled) from last year. I continued to book new events just to have something to look forward to really but am holding off for now for the reasons you've suggested. The booking fees really do stack up.  

Hope some of yours go ahead in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 12:02 PM, gherring8 said:

Got Celeste presale tickets for July gig at Union Chapel. 

Was the presale code unique? My email weirdly never arrived

The Glasto news, however expected, is very gutting. My calendar is stacked atm: among the most anticipated are Biffy at Kentish Town, De La Soul, Idles, Creeper, Foals, Caribou, The National, Fontaines D.C., Holly Humberstone, Faith No More, Thom Yorke, Pearl Jam, HAIM, and, of course, My Chemical Romance

10 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Was the presale code unique? My email weirdly never arrived

The Glasto news, however expected, is very gutting. My calendar is stacked atm: among the most anticipated are Biffy at Kentish Town, De La Soul, Idles, Creeper, Foals, Caribou, The National, Fontaines D.C., Holly Humberstone, Faith No More, Thom Yorke, Pearl Jam, HAIM, and, of course, My Chemical Romance

Hey 

I believe so. It arrived at dead on 10am with the name “Your pre-sale code 🖤” with a unique code. 
It does say on the email that if you have any issues with your code then email storesupport@umusic.com  so might me worth a message to see if they can get one to you before tomorrow morning as yours didn’t arrive.