Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Beyonce's crowd was also huge though too.  There are sufficient people on site to pack out both of the big stages.

Oh, I'm absolutely not trying to diminish her - I'd argue anyone who went to QOTSA made the wrong call that night. But just pointing out that the gap would have been wider if it had been the same choice say 3 years later.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

Doesn't have to be stupidly earlier, maybe for Blondie, just have them on before Yusuf.  DiRo had 3 acts after her last year so could be Blondie > Yusuf > QOTSA > Lil Nas > Elton  - they all start squabbling over how long their sets are though, so headlining Other would give someone a better set.

Edit: Kendrick had a 90 minute slot last year - assume Elton is getting more than that, so it does become a bit tricky...

FTFY.

8 hours ago, p.pete said:

Cool, if that's a definite then either they're on the Other stage or Lil Nas is, and the festival says Lil Nas is on before Elton - which means QOTSA are on during Elton if they're playing.

Back to the start then

20 minutes ago, Lididi said:

What if they played the 7pm secret set at the park stage instead? 
thats had some pretty massive gigs in the past. 
If they got pulled from the first announcement, maybe they just won’t get announced… 

That would be a pretty big fuck up. Clearly got pulled to help with sales for these shows. Can't see it at all

Its clearly QOTSA vs Elton, serious denial going on here (and not a chance they are against GNR!!!)

• Upvote 1

After missing QOTSA is 2011 due to an (ex) friend having a major strop and insisting I accompanied them to KT Tunstall 🙄 I’m crossing everything that they are the Other Sunday headliners 🤞🤞🤞 Saw them first on Halloween 2003 in Southampton Guildhall (Songs for the Deaf tour). Came on in Slipknot masks and ripped into Millionaire 🖤 In my all time top 5 gigs. 

I would be seriously gutted if QOTSA were up against Elton. I missed them in 2011 for Kool and the Gang. Even though I had a total fucking party at KATG, what I've seen of QOTSA, they also looked immense. I've seen them before at Reading mind you, but I always hoped I could see them again on the Other. 

6 hours ago, incident said:

Oh, I'm absolutely not trying to diminish her - I'd argue anyone who went to QOTSA made the wrong call that night. But just pointing out that the gap would have been wider if it had been the same choice say 3 years later.

I'd argue the other way around, I've watched QoTSA about 15 times and this was the stand out performance.

The band were up for it based on the clash and made that very clear during the set. 

I don't think anything will top that performance for me, and as much as I love the band, I'm not sure I can miss Elton John (even though I'm not a fan of his!)

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

After missing QOTSA is 2011 due to an (ex) friend having a major strop and insisting I accompanied them to KT Tunstall 🙄 I’m crossing everything that they are the Other Sunday headliners 🤞🤞🤞 Saw them first on Halloween 2003 in Southampton Guildhall (Songs for the Deaf tour). Came on in Slipknot masks and ripped into Millionaire 🖤 In my all time top 5 gigs. 

Ngl if my friend pulled that I'd have told them to meet after the set, absolute no chance. 

Edited by Xeph1995

9 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

I'd argue the other way around, I've watched QoTSA about 15 times and this was the stand out performance.

The band were up for it based on the clash and made that very clear during the set. 

I don't think anything will top that performance for me, and as much as I love the band, I'm not sure I can miss Elton John (even though I'm not a fan of his!)

Couldn't agree more.

They had fans pick what songs they wanted in a poll to create the set list and absolutely smashed it.

They will be down the list clash wise for me this year as I know that set won't be topped

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

I was at that Southampton show too. Totally agree, it was excellent! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Couldn't agree more.

They had fans pick what songs they wanted in a poll to create the set list and absolutely smashed it.

They will be down the list clash wise for me this year as I know that set won't be topped

Another strong agree here.  They were awesome that night.  I often get derided for having missed what will arguably be Beyonce's only ever Glasto appearance but I don't regret it for a second.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Another strong agree here.  They were awesome that night.  I often get derided for having missed what will arguably be Beyonce's only ever Glasto appearance but I don't regret it for a second.

Same, some things you regret missing but Beyonce isn't for me so not even any slight regret there 🙂

21 hours ago, incident said:

You can argue, but you'd be completely wrong. Insane gig. One of my top ten out of 15 Glastonburys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Couldn't agree more.

Yes! I had voted for the set and was very excited to hear what songs they would pick. Getting to see Better Living and Fun Machine was brilliant, didn’t regret missing Beyoncé for a moment. 

I'll be gutted if QOTSA clash with Elton. I know it's the most likely but I'll be praying to the music gods that they're before Elton and Nas gets the other headliner instead.

The last time I saw QOTSA was at Slane Castle in 2003 - followed by the Foos and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Dave Grohl came on to drum for his Songs for the Deaf tracks).

What a gig that was.

19 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

You'd be in the minority arguing this. Beyonce's 2011 performance is borderline legendary.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1