Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

3 hours ago, Hawros said:

Looks like a warm-up to me…

IMG_2245.jpeg

Odd that they might want a potential Glasto set not announced to sell those shows. Anyone with a Glasto ticket can’t make the second 2 of them and even arguably the first on the Tuesday night.

21 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

After missing QOTSA is 2011 due to an (ex) friend having a major strop and insisting I accompanied them to KT Tunstall 🙄 I’m crossing everything that they are the Other Sunday headliners 🤞🤞🤞 Saw them first on Halloween 2003 in Southampton Guildhall (Songs for the Deaf tour). Came on in Slipknot masks and ripped into Millionaire 🖤 In my all time top 5 gigs. 

I was at that one too. Its one of those that was so intense and good at the time that i can hardly remember the details.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, squareheadz said:

You'd be in the minority arguing this. Beyonce's 2011 performance is borderline legendary.

I 100% agree with @she bangs the drums, the 2011 QOTSA show is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen and I’ve had zero regrets not going to Beyoncé. It was mental: fantastic setlist, a great crowd and the band was on fire. I watched the full Beyoncé show on iPlayer and while I can see it was epic, I definitely made the right choice.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, TheDayman said:

I'll be gutted if QOTSA clash with Elton. I know it's the most likely but I'll be praying to the music gods that they're before Elton and Nas gets the other headliner instead.

The last time I saw QOTSA was at Slane Castle in 2003 - followed by the Foos and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Dave Grohl came on to drum for his Songs for the Deaf tracks).

What a gig that was.

Still the best gig / festival ever for me. 

I was only about 17 as well, absolutely peaked early, nothing seems to come close to that gig in terms of line up these days but that was essentially three of my favourite bands at the time playing back to back, insane.

On 4/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I would be seriously gutted if QOTSA were up against Elton. I missed them in 2011 for Kool and the Gang. Even though I had a total fucking party at KATG, what I've seen of QOTSA, they also looked immense. I've seen them before at Reading mind you, but I always hoped I could see them again on the Other. 

Exactly the same here, I was struggling to remember where I was in 2011! Would unfortunately have to miss QotSA again if they're up against Elton (unless Pyramid crowd anxiety gets to me).

13 hours ago, t0paz said:

Odd that they might want a potential Glasto set not announced to sell those shows. Anyone with a Glasto ticket can’t make the second 2 of them and even arguably the first on the Tuesday night.

Agree with this, unless they are just protecting the whole European tour. Love QOTSA despite their personal issues. Saw them back in 2003 and then again on their recent UK tour in Wembley. Sadly, like others will probably be watching it back on TV later as Elton is a one off

3 hours ago, cellar said:

Exactly the same here, I was struggling to remember where I was in 2011! Would unfortunately have to miss QotSA again if they're up against Elton (unless Pyramid crowd anxiety gets to me).

Yeah, looks like they're going to be headlining Other on the Sunday. Really gutted at that clash! From Elton's setlists on tour, my favourite couple of songs are played in the first 6 songs, so I could just sack it off after that and head over for the rest of QotSA... But then, it's Elton fucking John! It'll be my only chance to see him.

18 hours ago, squareheadz said:

You'd be in the minority arguing this. Beyonce's 2011 performance is borderline legendary.

I honestly think Beyonce is the most over rated artist in history, genuinely do not understand the hype arround her at all and having just watched a bit of that set I just don't see anything special. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Xeph1995 said:

I honestly think Beyonce is the most over rated artist in history, genuinely do not understand the hype arround her at all and having just watched a bit of that set I just don't see anything special. 

Good looking, very well produced and promoted. To the point if she doesn't win a Grammy, people who havent even listened to her album go mental.

But yeah, fairly shite.

On 4/19/2023 at 11:44 AM, TheDayman said:

The last time I saw QOTSA was at Slane Castle in 2003 - followed by the Foos and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers (Dave Grohl came on to drum for his Songs for the Deaf tracks).

I don't remember this happening at all.

I didn't go to Beyonce but one of my favourite "Eric at  Glastonbury" moments happened at that gig.

Sarah was a long suffering girlfriend of Eric.  It was her birthday and she had been looking forward to Beyonce all weekend. She was unbearable excited, though Eric was less than enthused.  To deal with it, he decided to eat a lot of mushrooms.  Some would describe his dose as heroic, some would say idiotic.  It is a line he straddles on a daily basis.

Predictably, once the fungi had taken over, Eric was not in a good way, was struggling to deal with life and needed to get back to the tent as Beyonce started.  Sarah being the absolute angel that he did not deserve, couldn't leave him to wander glastonbury in this state and said she would walk him back.

Like most things*, a bit of time heals all so over the course of the 30 minute meandering walk back to the tent, Eric had begun to rally somewhat and started to feel better with every step.  So good in fact, that by the time they made it back to the tent, in his addled state thought that he was walking Sarah back and said "Well, you're back safe now.  I'm off into the festival"

Needless to say, this relationship did not last 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Maybe I’m imagining things but I could have sworn he came out and drummed for a least a song or two.

Google tells me he did at Glasto the year prior.

He played a lot of the early Songs for the Deaf shows with them but Joey Castillo was the drummer by Slane. 

On 4/20/2023 at 4:52 PM, TheDayman said:

Maybe I’m imagining things but I could have sworn he came out and drummed for a least a song or two.

Google tells me he did at Glasto the year prior.

Joey played the full show at Slane mate.

18 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Duff McKagan announced on his radio show that QOTSA are releasing a new album in June. Although a few of the songs grew on me massively over time (Feet Don’t Fail Me especially absolutely bangs) here’s hoping this one is better than Villains. 

New album just in time for Glasto! I loved villains, though admittedly it did take time to grow on me.