The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Site very wet but grass in perfect condition.  No vehicles allowed on the grass at all.

Been raining most of the day now very windy so this will help dry things hopefully.  

Have been reliably informed weather a lot better next week but Thursday this week looking not good.

Wood chip is currently being put down on busy areas.

will report back hopefully tomorrow

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, now is the perfect time for rain. It's not ideal for the build, but better it happens now than when the venders and market stalls arrive. It can piss it down all week if it likes. As long as we have a sunny, dry week immediately before, it should be ok. 

26 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Honestly, now is the perfect time for rain. It's not ideal for the build, but better it happens now than when the venders and market stalls arrive. It can piss it down all week if it likes. As long as we have a sunny, dry week immediately before, it should be ok. 

This.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

So relieved to read this. I'm guessing if it's dry when vechicles arrive the ground keeps a lot better? Hope we have a better year than last year because it was horrific at times. Seen one poor woman so her hip in. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

There's an assumption in that - almost certainly a correct one - that rain must happen at some point.  Is it too much for me to wish for a few weeks of absolutely no rain?*

*i know, i know :( 

14 hours ago, Mr Splodge said:

Site very wet but grass in perfect condition.  No vehicles allowed on the grass at all.

Been raining most of the day now very windy so this will help dry things hopefully.  

Have been reliably informed weather a lot better next week but Thursday this week looking not good.

Wood chip is currently being put down on busy areas.

will report back hopefully tomorrow

Thanks for the update pal

Today's ground report.

been a really windy day. Lots of sorting sorting out the carnage going on.

few small showers but apart from that it has been dry and the sun made a appearance :) 

dried really quickly thanks to the wind, they even ran a road roller around the roads today.  We had dust back from late afternoon.

more rain forecast tomorrow and Thursday.

will keep everyone updated.

Today's update from site.

been dry most of the day a few light showers but nothing to worry about.  Factor 50 was being applied earlier (it was really hot). :) 

Rain is forecast tonight and tomorrow so will update on conditions.

as a aside security is getting very tight I have heard that a 100% search on entry is going to be done, not sure how this will work tho.  Will try to find more information out.  

2 hours ago, Mr Splodge said:

Today's update from site.

been dry most of the day a few light showers but nothing to worry about.  Factor 50 was being applied earlier (it was really hot). :) 

Rain is forecast tonight and tomorrow so will update on conditions.

as a aside security is getting very tight I have heard that a 100% search on entry is going to be done, not sure how this will work tho.  Will try to find more information out.  

Wow that will take some doing. If they feel it is necessary though then I'm happy to go along with it. 

blimey , any maths geeks out there want to work out how long it will take on 100% search on 130.000 folk  ?

what we say average 20 mins with wristbanding  ..split that over all the gates . find out avarage folk per gate . folk with trolleys .. im thinking about 1st July :-)

7 hours ago, Shariken said:

130K x 10 mins per search = 21,667 man hours.

Est 5 gates??? = 4333 man hours for each gate

Therefore to process in 36 hours flat out = 120 people per gate

But please anyone jump in.... in case my sums are wrong 

I'm not sure about the 10 minutes per search, nor the assumption that 100% of people will be searched. I think it'll be a subset, and more akin to airport style random etc. - without the scanners. In truth, the announcement itself is a small deterrent - they don't now have to follow up in as draconian a fashion as we are all anticipating.