The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Pretty dreary in Somerset overnight and today. I suspect @deebeedoobee's dipstick might actually get its tip wet when she gets home.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's no way to talk about digger!

Deary and soggy definitely sums up Pilton now. We managed to leave a festival about 20 mins away this morning in the sun but now its a different picture. I'm not going outside to check the well at the moment....I might get washed away.

My water butts had been dry up until the weekend. They are overflowing now.

10 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

I found historical weather for Pilton back as far as 2009. You can research further but not sure if you can for free. 

Are you sure you have the correct Pilton? There's also one in Devon and another in Northants.

27 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Any update on the site after the last few days of rain.?.. looks great on the webcam 

It's ok actually. Some surface water but most has drained away. It rained quite persistently yesterday and the ground has absorbed it well.

Talking of wells - dipstick says muddy. and the well plants look healthy again. still no frogs

7 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

It's ok actually. Some surface water but most has drained away. It rained quite persistently yesterday and the ground has absorbed it well.

Talking of wells - dipstick says muddy. and the well plants look healthy again. still no frogs

Think you're due some sun down there over next few days or so .....  Thanks for the update

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

The thing with glasto ground is that it's clay Init so if you have NO R then the ground is as hard as rock.. So a little R and the green green grass pops up and is all fluffy and lovely to sit on.. 

Thanks for the updates you folks.