The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Franky said:

Hmmmmm Heathrow eh oh how I have listened to those planes taking off and landing for over 30 years ! Small world ;) 

Used to love Concorde taking off. Where abouts are you, if you don't mind me asking? I used to live in Stanwell. Now by Hillingdon Hospital.

12 hours ago, Slugworth said:

Used to love Concorde taking off. Where abouts are you, if you don't mind me asking? I used to live in Stanwell. Now by Hillingdon Hospital.

The  only time in history we have gone backwards when Concorde was retired.

32 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I thought there was  only 1 Concorde, I was shocked when they retired what I thought was It and then found out there was a whole fleet...

Not only was there a fleet of them, but the French had half of the fleet!

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Last year was a 1, I take it?

Exactly that :)

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Any sign of anything extra special and secret?

I'll have a cruise round this evening 

EDIT, Mission postponed until tomorrow due to severely perished caravan tyres. 

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

33 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

On site last night the ground was in just perfect condition.  If 1 is totally waterlogged and 10 is totally dry, it was a 4 1/2. Going back this evening and will try and take a few pictures. 

surely anything close to a 10 is perfect at this stage? Especially with lots of rain expected on site over the next week.

Edited by rhg_99

30 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

On site last night the ground was in just perfect condition.  If 1 is totally waterlogged and 10 is totally dry, it was a 4 1/2. Going back this evening and will try and take a few pictures. 

edit - double post, sorry.

Edited by rhg_99

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

The ground is in perfect condition at the moment for a festival. :)

yeah sounds ideal conditions if it were happening now but would be better if it was a bit tougher underfoot at the moment seeing as the next few days/week are gonna be wet! Could easily make it quite wet/muddy if the rainfall is as predicted.

That being said, good to to get the rain out of the way early and hopefully it doesn't persist like it did last year. Thanks for the update, nice to have someone on site checking how things are looking! :)

51 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Too hard will pound your feet, need it springy!

Exactly, not to mention the challenge of getting tent pegs into (and out of) rock hard ground. It needs a bit of give - like walking on the sprung floor of a gym is just right.