The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

^ Exactly that. 

(Good to see you again @Mr Splodge  :)  )

Will post pointless but encouraging SOTG reports much more regularly from now on. Pointless because they'll just be a long repetition of rock hard, dusty, arid,baked, Ghandi's sandal etc etc :D

Importantly....will the ground take a tent peg ok?

2 hours ago, Mr Splodge said:

Tonight's site report.

dust bowl, spraying the roads to keep the dust down.  Really hot and staying fine all week (I am told).

will not do the daily reports (unless wanted) but will update IF conditions change.

WANTED!! Please please please! (Thank you thank you thank you!)

Edited by semmtexx

1 hour ago, VolumetricFox said:

Just don't post anything like this (Trigger warning).  

I've been looking for that video. Quite astonishing really, I don't even know how that's possible. I think I would actually cry if a similar video is posted this year, looks like it definitely won't though (fingers crossed)

1 hour ago, VolumetricFox said:

Just don't post anything like this (Trigger warning).  

I remember being utterly mesmerised by that video last year and not being able to stop watching it on repeat. Even seeing that at the time, my optimistic nature thought it would all be fine. It was an amazing festival. But with regards to The State of the Ground it wasn't all fine. No siree!

Compare the site now to that video. It was taken in four days time a year ago, after what had already been a significant number of days of relentless rain. For all our chirping, @The Nal is pretty much always right - his faux-trolling of the weather thread is purely to reiterate (with menace) what is true - that the forecast is pretty much pointless and irrelevant. There will be weather. We'll know each day what it will be like by opening our eyes and looking upwards. 

What I think I can say with confidence, however, is that the chances of the above video's conditions being repeated for GF2017 are between zero and infinitesimally low!

So that's all good, then.

:)

Ben

Last year I was in a tent in the green futures field where you have to take your wellies off. Someone else must have had the same wellies as me, but a size lower, as there was only one welly in my size when I was ready to leave. I spent the rest of the festival with different sized wellies. I proper hope it's alright and I can gamble on bringing different sized wellies with me, and only have to wear them for a short amount of time