The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You won't need wellies. Even if it p#sses it down all weekend - which it won't -  walking boots will be fine coping with how the ground will be.

We won't need them but don't leave them at home. Glasto weather gods will be angry!

Wore walking boots all last year, did try wellies on a short trip from tent but felt much safer in boots. I have however ordered some walking sandal type things in case it is scorchio, have to see how they feel when they come. Did first day of 2015 in trainers and feet killed by end of day.

1 minute ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Oh I'll look forward to taking the muck boots which have served me well for the last 3 festivals but how I hope they stay in the car and I can spend 5 days in my Crocs sandals. 

For the love of all things holy nooooooo!!! Not crocs haha 

51 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you've got walking boots you won't need wellies.

In 2007 one of my friends said that. 

By Friday the water had gone over the top of his boots so many times that the inside was as wet as the outside. He ended up having to spend half of sunday in his tent because his trench foot was so bad he couldn't walk. 

Since that I have never banked on walking boots in the wet, yes they're fine to a point, but once you get deep standing water they're next to useless. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If it didn't last year then it's more or less safe to say that it never will.

I waded through a monster after getting some grub from le rac shack. That got real fucking deep. Two lads sitting on a bench looked horrified as it looked like i was about to belly flop over after tripping with my cheesy delights in my hand. I managed to recover but was very glad of my wellies as it definitely came over boot height. 

Just now, Havors said:

For the love of all things holy nooooooo!!! Not crocs haha 

I have 2 pairs, regular ones and ruggedised hard terrain ones. 

I was also late to discover them but once I did, all fashion concerns faded away. 

That's the nice thing about being in my mid 40s, I appear to have stopped giving a fig for what anyone thinks of my fashion sense anymore.