The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Divein said:

I wanted to question this when I saw it on twitter. But, nearly as much rain fell on the festival as it did in the whole month of June before last year? Surely that can't be right.

Seems low to me too. 

I'm picking the numbers up from a couple of sources - no telling for local variances or if the weather station is on the blink. That said, it did rain a lot during the night twice last year. 

I think heavy showers can be so isolated that they can be quite different. Festival rain in 2011 was definitely higher, for example. 

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Park hill looks like it's still a bit fucked from last year.

Nah, LAWN - it's just that they had the mowers on it a day or two before the other fields had their latest haircut, so it's been drying out even more in the beautiful weather. Further evidence that the State of the Ground is spectacular!

Ben

18 hours ago, Sasperella said:

And when our power combines.... sun for all! :D

I think our power combining had led to a sunny day here today!

13 hours ago, Room to sway said:

Oi!

I'll be enjoying my 40th birthday celebrations at Tramlines! Piss it down on Bolsover they're used to a shit life ;)

Close enough for us to take one for the team but far enough away for it not to be a problem! Happy 40th for Tramlines!

17 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Leave the wellies at home, kiddos

always take wellies, the great flood, it was lovely leading up and after yet for 2 days you were walking ankle deep in puddles

still got a tan though