2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

22 hours ago, morph100 said:

wasn't there a hung/hang/hanging chicken of sorts or did i dream that?

Regardless just gad we have got some solid info now, Friday it is, excited!!

Somebody with a Chicken-y name was posting nonsense pretending to be in the know and someone drew the delightful cartoon that is my profile pic.

To parody such behaviour I appeared made an informed guess at some info and was luckily enough to get something right. More chickens appeared.

Around this time of year when people are getting anxious about the first big announcement people start tagging the chickens and they re-emerge.

I don't think any chicken knows anything.

1 hour ago, s30foster said:

Lauryn Hill is getting about this summer isn't she?! Still feels likely she'll head to the farm. The weekend before she's in Oxford. The Wednesday before the festival she's in Ireland.

Oh, and of course...Idles on for another festival.

DF_Lineup-11.thumb.png.03ad6e2ce678a21d7ebeb8e259c3b040.png

Never mind Lauren does this make grace Jones a possibility 

The Cure on the Sunday would do me just fine as it’d stop the first major clash of the weekend. 

I don’t see that being right though. No back to back dates on their tour, and The Cure as the big Saturday night headliner just doesn’t seem right, although The Killers as the Sunday locals headliner seems pretty spot on. 

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t see that being right though. No back to back dates on their tour

say, just for instance, they were offered Saturday for both of Rock Werchter and Glasto? What are they going to do?

Would they only do one of the shows, or would they do both shows but neither fest gets them on Saturday, or would they do two shows on the trot?

I'd say you're making the mistake of thinking they've got more control over what shows they do than they might have. It all depends how those shows came about about.

(I agree two shows is a bit unusual, but I guess Saturday is what they're doing as that's what matey said. However, The Killers info suggested them for Saturday too, so I'm not putting money on a day :P ) 

11 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

On the flip side, new Arcadia will be very popular (I expect they’ll nail it). 

Yeh can't wait to see that! We camp on Park Home Ground so we're close by too. I suppose with The Park being open later and more going on (is that definitely happening) it takes a lot of pressure off SEC.

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yeh can't wait to see that! We camp on Park Home Ground so we're close by too. I suppose with The Park being open later and more going on (is that definitely happening) it takes a lot of pressure off SEC.

It will be interesting to see how they communicate the changes they have made. It seems there will be quite a few new things compared to 2017: return of micro venues to SEC, new park area/park open later, changes to Arcadia. I wonder if they will be marketed as targeted to different audiences or kept broad. Also will the changes be announced all together or separately to build the hype. 

So much to look forward to!

8 minutes ago, Bovla said:

It will be interesting to see how they communicate the changes they have made. It seems there will be quite a few new things compared to 2017: return of micro venues to SEC, new park area/park open later, changes to Arcadia. I wonder if they will be marketed as targeted to different audiences or kept broad. Also will the changes be announced all together or separately to build the hype. 

So much to look forward to!

Yeah, people are going to have to be trained for the default Pied Piper march to SE Corner.

47 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The Cure on the Sunday would do me just fine as it’d stop the first major clash of the weekend. 

I don’t see that being right though. No back to back dates on their tour, and The Cure as the big Saturday night headliner just doesn’t seem right, although The Killers as the Sunday locals headliner seems pretty spot on. 

When The Cure last headlined they did the Sunday and they were absolutely perfect for that slot - in a few hits and a singalong kind of a way.