rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Emily ruled out FM so categorically I can’t imagine it would be them, but I’d be thrilled if it was. Macca pulling out may have changed the game entirely. Has Neil weighed in on this one, yet? 

Stormzy, Fleetwood Mac and The Cure would be a solid trio IMO.

Can't see it tho.

Fucking hell.

Fleetwood Mac, v3.0?

They'll add an additional £800 to everyone's ticket price come Balance Day, but throw in a 'free' photo of Mick Fleetwood wearing a solid gold overcoat stuffed with fifty pound notes, staring out of the picture at us all with utter fucking contempt.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, mufcok said:

They're gonna drop The Cure mid Feb aren't they, then the Saturday night guessing game goes on..

I really hope so.

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Emily ruled out FM so categorically I can’t imagine it would be them, but I’d be thrilled if it was. Macca pulling out may have changed the game entirely. Has Neil weighed in on this one, yet? 

Has Neil weighed in on this one yet? @eFestivals

8 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I always fancied Fleetwood Mac as a prediction, saving money with Stormzy would open up funds for them surely? 

I'm afraid the money saved only covers a 7 minute meet and greet for Michael and Emily with a miserable looking Mick Fleetwood.

Photos cost extra.

Fleetwood Mac would be a disappointment

Combination of Arctics, Nick Cave, Foals and The Cure.

Wildcards for Smashing Pumpkins and RHCP...

Happy with all of these 

Where's this money saving idea on Stormzy come from anyway? Are just assuming they aren't paying him the same as other headliners?..

1 minute ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Fleetwood Mac would be a disappointment

Combination of Arctics, Nick Cave, Foals and The Cure.

Wildcards for Smashing Pumpkins and RHCP...

Happy with all of these 

Fleetwood Mac would be a disappointment, yet RHCP would be ok?

Jesus...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm afraid the money saved only covers a 7 minute meet and greet for Michael and Emily with a miserable looking Mick Fleetwood.

Photos cost extra.

Get yer own material, JassMan.

But, yes. Two people on the internet agreeing makes a nationwide consensus of opinion for these purposes.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Fleetwood Mac would be a disappointment, yet RHCP would be ok?

Jesus...

By the length of the straight.

Plus we might get an Atoms for Peace secret set if Thom Yorke pops in.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably fair to assume that he's not demanded anything over and above the standard Glasto baseline fee.

Yeah but people seem to be constantly suggesting he's doing it for a knock down fee, which is more than a little insulting to him.

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Where's this money saving idea on Stormzy come from anyway? Are just assuming they aren't paying him the same as other headliners?..

Yes. I think it's a fair assumption. They're giving him a massive shot and taking a punt on him - he is not an established headliner

Of all the rumours kicking about at the moment, this rather shaky Mac one is the one I'd like to see. Have't seen them since Tango in the Night, and I am not fussed about the omission of Lindsay Buckingham, he's been replaced by two fine musicians in Mike Campbell and Neil Finn. Arctic Monkeys, Foals, Killers, The Strokes do nothing for me. Bring on the Mac! Even if the increasingly unlikely Gaga would be my preferred Saturday night headliner.

Emily: "Hi Stormzy, we know our standard headliner fee of £250k is less than you usually get paid for a show but..."

Stormzy: "That's okay I was already aware and I'm happy to play for that fee."

Emily: "Well I was actually going to say that we're only going to give you half of that because you're not as big as some of our other headliners."

Just now, jessden89 said:

Yes. I think it's a fair assumption. They're giving him a massive shot and taking a punt on him - he is not an established headliner

You realise the fee Glasto pay is already tiny? I highly doubt they've offered him even less than that standard fee.

Must say I'm enjoying all the support for Gaga from both gals and lads - gives hope that if not this year then one Glasto soon will have a fab female headliner

31 minutes ago, mufcok said:

They're gonna drop The Cure mid Feb aren't they, then the Saturday night guessing game goes on..

Announcement at 10.15 Saturday Night

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

You realise the fee Glasto pay is already tiny? I highly doubt they've offered him even less than that standard fee.

Sorry unclear but I meant the baseline fee - I meant that they definitely would pay a big established headline act like Macca or the Mac more

2 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Announcement at 10.15 Saturday Night

How do you know?

I was told a few months ago off someone who has shitloads of contacts that it was Fleetwood Mac. I did mention it on here but the consensus was there was no chance. 

• Upvote 1