Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 hour ago, joeltg said:

June 2017 : Cool, Showery But Improving

Issued : May 25 2017

Forecast

The European monsoon is expected to affect the British Isles this June with some cooler, wet and windy weather for the start of the month.

A further period of unsettled weather is expected around mid month with the final wave towards the end. Inter-dispersed within these periods we expect the Azores high to continue to build and bring drier weather across Southern parts of the UK.

Some heavy, slow moving thunderstorms could affect parts of the South at the start of the month as sluggish weather patterns continue to affect Western Europe. However, a more mobile weather pattern should develop throughout June affecting all parts of the UK initially, but later in the month affecting mostly Northwestern areas.

The above is from the Metcheck, I haven't seen any other reports suggesting the above though.

Overall not concerned about the weather, no matter what it will always be the the best week ever and we will all have a blast!

buckle up, buckaroos!

As I speak some really fucking wierd shit is hapoening in cornwall weatherwise..been woken up by it lighting up the whole room....we have a storm going on but its like...constant lightning? Literally every second or two the sky is lighting up wirh flashes....no thunder just non stop lightning...I have never seen this before in my life this is freaky. 

Not mine but someone caught it on video...either jesus is coming or someones got a massive strobe going uo there. This is lighting up my whole house lol https://www.instagram.com/p/BUk1i0ChVRR/

Imagine this at glastonbury? Itd give arcadia a run for its money! 

Edited by waterfalls212434

6 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

As I speak some really fucking wierd shit is hapoening in cornwall weatherwise..been woken up by it lighting up the whole room....we have a storm going on but its like...constant lightning? Literally every second or two the sky is lighting up wirh flashes....no thunder just non stop lightning...I have never seen this before in my life this is freaky. 

Not mine but someone caught it on video...either jesus is coming or someones got a massive strobe going uo there. This is lighting up my whole house lol https://www.instagram.com/p/BUk1i0ChVRR/

We got your thunder up in Brizzle.

13 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I've seen that only twice before. Once was in Belgium 30 years ago. And the second time was last year, here in Stockport. Bizarre stuff, but the same both times - loads of lightning, no thunder, no rain... Until eventually a massive downpour.

There must be a name for it, but it's ace whatever it is.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

17 hours ago, joeltg said:

June 2017 : Cool, Showery But Improving

Issued : May 25 2017

Forecast

The European monsoon is expected to affect the British Isles this June with some cooler, wet and windy weather for the start of the month.

A further period of unsettled weather is expected around mid month with the final wave towards the end. Inter-dispersed within these periods we expect the Azores high to continue to build and bring drier weather across Southern parts of the UK.

Some heavy, slow moving thunderstorms could affect parts of the South at the start of the month as sluggish weather patterns continue to affect Western Europe. However, a more mobile weather pattern should develop throughout June affecting all parts of the UK initially, but later in the month affecting mostly Northwestern areas.

The above is from the Metcheck, I haven't seen any other reports suggesting the above though.

Overall not concerned about the weather, no matter what it will always be the the best week ever and we will all have a blast!

So they're saying the european monsoon will hit us in three waves- the start of the month, the middle of the month and the end of the month. Why don't they just say all month?! Weather tossers!

Edited by Mr.Tease

7 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Nicely heading north to hit Mcr this afternoon as the gates open for the Courteeners gig. 

Humid as hell up here right now

Storms just hit Yorkshire. There hasn't been a break in the thunder for the last 15 minutes just a constant rumble with torrential rain. We may want the sun at Glasto but if its like this week and this level of lightning and rain follows we'll be swimming between stages. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Storms just hit Yorkshire. There hasn't been a break in the thunder for the last 15 minutes just a constant rumble with torrential rain. We may want the sun at Glasto but if its like this week and this level of lightning and rain follows we'll be swimming between stages. 

Must have got lucky here in Peterborough. Had about two minutes of rain, and no storms at all. Gladly take that in four weeks!

1 hour ago, ManchesterGlasto said:

Is it too much to ask fr that it's between 18&20 degrees and overcast with the very odd light shower? (And that there's not loads of rain the week before too)

You can have 22 degrees, clear skies and no rain at all.