Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

18 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

After a sunny start to the day it's now raining heavily. Grey skies don't look like they will clear today

From gold, to shit- a microcosm of the Glastonbury weather threads through the years! 

2008 iirc it was nice and sunny for the most part (but not too hot), apart from that big downpour on the Thursday evening.  We were up at the park having a beer and hid there until it stopped to get back to our camp in Kidney Mead. 

I remember going back to my mates car Friday morning to get our wellies/boots. 

Then almost the the exact same pattern happened in 2009 with the execption of it raining also on the Sunday night.

2013 was again very similar, big downpour on the Thursday, but was then quite hot the rest of the weekend. 

19 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

but I was wrong because now the sun is out and we have blue skies

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

From gold, to shit- a microcosm of the Glastonbury weather threads through the years! 

Genius

13 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Liking accuweathers up to date take on it as well.....some rain the week before but not loads and from sunday onwards basically cloudy at worst with a couple of days during the fest of `abundant sunshine`  http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/pilton/ba4-4/daily-weather-forecast/710458?day=17

Yes! Get in!

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

2008 iirc it was nice and sunny for the most part (but not too hot), apart from that big downpour on the Thursday evening.  We were up at the park having a beer and hid there until it stopped to get back to our camp in Kidney Mead. 

I remember going back to my mates car Friday morning to get our wellies/boots. 

Then almost the the exact same pattern happened in 2009 with the execption of it raining also on the Sunday night.

2013 was again very similar, big downpour on the Thursday, but was then quite hot the rest of the weekend. 

2009 was hotter than 2008 when the rain was away though.

8 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Liking accuweathers up to date take on it as well.....some rain the week before but not loads and from sunday onwards basically cloudy at worst with a couple of days during the fest of `abundant sunshine`  http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/pilton/ba4-4/daily-weather-forecast/710458?day=17

That forecast is better than sex

6 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The accuweather forcast from now covering the festival is perfection as it stands. Forecasts covering the next week are now going to be pretty accurate, and yes there is some rain but we are not looking like a repeat of last year now. The week after next could obviously change but if it stays as it is then we're golden.

As people have stated its a bit far out yet however accuweather should be taken with an even bigger pinch of salt, I cant remember whether it was last year or the year before but some one here tracked all the weather sites predictions in a graph

Accuweather was the furthest out by a considerable distance....

Just now, Stretlow said:

As people have stated its a bit far out yet however accuweather should be taken with an even bigger pinch of salt, I cant remember whether it was last year or the year before but some one here tracked all the weather sites predictions in a graph

I think it depends on how far out you're looking, I've always found it to be pretty good. Certainly for telling you what the weather is going to be like on the day it's very good, I remember on Friday in 2015 their minute cast thing confirmed the exact time the rain would end and it literally ended exactly when they said it would. Obviously it's a different kettle of fish predicting the weather in 3 or 4 days time though.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

@pedmills has been responsible for the graphs last couple of years. Those graphs are legendary.

From the Met Office

UK Outlook for Monday 19 Jun 2017 to Monday 3 Jul 2017:

For mid June, confidence is very low, however the most likely scenario is for a drier and quieter spell of weather at the start of the period, with more settled conditions, especially in the south. Elsewhere it could be a generally mixed, changeable picture, with further showers or spells of rain, especially in the west. Some drier and more settled interludes are also likely though. Temperatures are most likely to be above the seasonal average as we head into July, particularly in the east, with a chance of further very warm or even hot interludes here.

In other words, they have no idea.

Edited by Nobody Interesting