Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

Just to keep the forecasts in context, I've just taken a look at the same time last year and the forecast was not bad, although a bit worse than what we have at the moment. So whilst I'm optimistic of it not reaching last years levels of mud I'm still not counting my chickens that the weather will actually be good! 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Lots of rain due to fall over the site today but according to the latest outputs only today and tomorrow out of the next 7+ days will have substantial rainfall.

Reasons to be positive I'd say.

I think it takes 3 days for the ground to completely dry out at Glastonbury after heavy rain, so as long as it stops raining by the weekend before, then hopefully it should be okay. Messes things up for those on site though- they deserve good weather while setting things up!

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

From the Met Office

UK Outlook for Monday 19 Jun 2017 to Monday 3 Jul 2017:

For mid June, confidence is very low, however the most likely scenario is for a drier and quieter spell of weather at the start of the period, with more settled conditions, especially in the south. Elsewhere it could be a generally mixed, changeable picture, with further showers or spells of rain, especially in the west. Some drier and more settled interludes are also likely though. Temperatures are most likely to be above the seasonal average as we head into July, particularly in the east, with a chance of further very warm or even hot interludes here.

In other words, they have no idea.

Correct! At this point and with this amount of time left until the festival, all we're looking for is general trends and levels of certainty. We seem to have neither at the moment so no conclusions can be made either way!

Met Office forecast from this day last year

UK Outlook for Monday 20 Jun 2016 to Monday 4 Jul 2016:

Into late June and early July, the most unsettled weather should increasingly become confined to northwestern areas. :rofl: Generally drier :lol: , warmer and sunnier conditions should develop further south and east, although still with a risk of some rain or showers at times. Temperatures generally near normal at first, so mild to warm, but perhaps cool in most unsettled spells. Warmer conditions may then develop later in the period, perhaps becoming very warm at times in the south.

So all that rain wasn't even on the radar the week before it started. Fucking waste of time. 

Edited by The Nal

10 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I just wish they could give a definite yay or nay on the wellies. They take up valuable space.

Always take footwear capable of dealing with a bit of mud.  Odds are that on at least one of the days there will be some rain and that might lead to the site being muddy for a few hours.  Wear your Wellies/Waling boots to travel to and from the festival and pack your light shoes, no matter what the weatherman says.

13 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Nay to the wellies ...... And the wellies versus decent boots argument is off again.

(Didn't need wellies last year, so won't take them again this year).

Wellies/Boots. Doesn't matter as long as you bring one of them to appease the weather gods. 

10 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Wellies/Boots. Doesn't matter as long as you bring one of them to appease the weather gods. 

Wrong thread. No weather gods here! Well, apart from Jackone and The Nal!

13 minutes ago, sime said:

Wrong thread. No weather gods here! Well, apart from Jackone and The Nal!

One is a celestial, heavenly deity performing miracles and showering us all with sweetness and light; and one is a cloven-hooved Satanic Beelzebub, prodding us with his poisoned trident.

But which one is, etc.

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One is a celestial, heavenly deity performing miracles and showering us all with sweetness and light; and one is a cloven-hooved Satanic Beelzebub, prodding us with his poisoned trident.

But which one is, etc.

Good question... I'm beginning to believe they are both the same person.