Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

2 hours ago, Greenelk said:

It's just got real -https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/87677-glastonbury-2017-21-25-june/#comment-3578954

J10 (Jack One) is starting his forecasts soon! (Don't think this has already been posted, apologies if it has, but it's made my excitement levels rocket - When Jack is forecasting, you know we're nearly there)!!

Just noticed his on Netweather. Got a bit worried by some (unfounded) rumours on here that JackOne had stopped the Glastonbury forecast

11 minutes ago, devonhammer said:

Just noticed his on Netweather. Got a bit worried by some (unfounded) rumours on here that JackOne had stopped the Glastonbury forecast

He did.  Until last year, there was an (unattributed) Netweather forecast and a daily, highly detailed blog post from JackOne personally.  Last year the blog stopped, and from what he said on the forums, I can't really tell if it's the less frequent, less detailed forecast that's coming back this year, or the blog.

Hes not a serial killer per se. Its just that anyone who spends countless hours predicting the weather a month in advance is clearly an immediate danger to society.

They all have to start somewhere. One day your reading about jet streams and posting on the netweather forums and the next day your eating soup out of a bowl made from your mothers skull. 

• Upvote 5

On Mon May 22 2017 at 3:13 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

He did.  Until last year, there was an (unattributed) Netweather forecast and a daily, highly detailed blog post from JackOne personally.  Last year the blog stopped, and from what he said on the forums, I can't really tell if it's the less frequent, less detailed forecast that's coming back this year, or the blog.

Didn't he also pass it over to someone else for a week or so? I seem to remember feelings of abandonment! 

9 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-ready-eight-week-10485002

8 week heatwave.....lovely....lets hope the tabloids are right for once.

I'm sure every year they publish a 'scorcher on its way' story, which never seems to materialise. However a stopped clock is correct twice a day, so hopefully using this principle they will be correct 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm sure every year they publish a 'scorcher on its way' story, which never seems to materialise. However a stopped clock is correct twice a day, so hopefully using this principle they will be correct 

So the Met Office have said that it's going to be warm this weekend (like it is now), and might well be warm or even very warm at some point in the middle of June.  Or it might not. Also at some point during the summer it might be hotter than average (19 degrees).

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

"Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell. Making enemies of our own futures."

11 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-ready-eight-week-10485002

8 week heatwave.....lovely....lets hope the tabloids are right for once.

At least it's not the Express, a newspaper that can make Michael Fish's hurricane warnings (or lack of) sound reliable. I'm more inclined to trust the Mirror.

• Upvote 1

There are very few information sources on the planet that are wrong as often as the Express is on the weather.

I hate to get my hopes up so early, but with at least a couple of weeks of what will be excellent weather ahead of us we could be in for both a truly great summer and glastonbury this year.  

So looking at metcheck (not sure on it previous track records) we will be getting a fair bit of rain towards the end of this month, beginning on June. Then after the 6th June there will be sun and light showers. With there being a few days where its looking quite heavy it should hopefully soften the ground a little but dry out fairly quickly ready for the festival weekend.

Weather for actual Glasto is looking superb, bar the Thursday where around 2mm of rain is predicted. But I'd stick with that if I had the choice.

Of course, the rollercoaster has only just begun and the 'forecast' will change countless times between now and this time next month 

1 hour ago, across97 said:

So looking at metcheck (not sure on it previous track records) we will be getting a fair bit of rain towards the end of this month, beginning on June.

I always used to rely on met office satellite imagery for predictions, but this site:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=50.7;1.2;4&l=rain-1h&t=20170526/14

has proven to be very accurate in the time I've been watching it.  The pattern this shows disagrees with metcheck's assessment.  Sunshine, lots of it, some cloud and very, very little rain likely (as there is none coming across the atlantic and the high to the southwest is pushing everything northeast before it reaches us).  Obviously it's not possible to predict more than a couple of weeks in advance, but the picture here looks promising.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I always used to rely on met office satellite imagery for predictions, but this site:

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=50.7;1.2;4&l=rain-1h&t=20170526/14

has proven to be very accurate in the time I've been watching it.  The pattern this shows disagrees with metcheck's assessment.  Sunshine, lots of it, some cloud and very, very little rain likely (as there is none coming across the atlantic and the high to the southwest is pushing everything northeast before it reaches us).  Obviously it's not possible to predict more than a couple of weeks in advance, but the picture here looks promising.

Spending too long looking at that makes me bilious

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig