Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

To avoid giving them the page hits the key bit is:

The Met Office said to the Sun Online: “It’s really too early to be providing a forecast for an individual location for over a month away.

“We have a six to 30-day forecast which talks about trends over the UK in the coming month but to get more detail we need to be closer to the date.”

3 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Doesn't say anything we don't already know, must be a slow news day the reporter must have been reading this thread looking for something to write about.

Wont catch me opening that link! What bollocks have they come out with? Snow? :D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Wont catch me opening that link! What bollocks have they come out with? Snow? :D

All they've done is use the same weather sources as us and have said the weather could be anything from dry to wet plus added the obligatory girls in wellies & mud pictures.

38 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

@devonhammer is your guy for that

If my work gets less hectic, I'll be on it, not until much nearer the time though.

After last year, I had started to think that weather forecasting was a load of nonsense and The Nal was right all along, but as the festival gets nearer I know I won't be able to stay away from this thread.

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

All they've done is use the same weather sources as us and have said the weather could be anything from dry to wet plus added the obligatory girls in wellies & mud pictures.

Brilliant.... Sums up their whole philosophy on journalism! Scum bags. 

5 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Well, unless it continues for five weeks...................

Don't worry, looks like it will be easing off apart from on the next Bank Holiday. Think weather law states that it must always rain on a Bank Holiday.

http://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/16days.asp?zipcode=Glastonbury&locationID=57455&lat=51.1&lon=-2.7

Metcheck currently forecasting 0.0mm of rain for the duration of the festival. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

47 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Well, unless it continues for five weeks...................

Hence the use of "general scheme of the weather," which is not forecast for it to continue pissing down every day.

It's one thing hoping for there to be no rain over the festival, but asking for there to but no day of rain for the next five weeks.....

27 minutes ago, richy24 said:

Metcheck is also forecasting rain every single day for the next month but i would take it with a large pinch of salt!

True but their forecast seems more realistic than Accuweathers. I tend to prefer them for longer range forecasts

We are getting ever closer to better predictions though so we'll soon be able to pack accordingly :D

After such a long dry spell I think it's pretty reassuring to see a decent quantity of rain falling this week, better now than during the festival. You'd think two/three weeks of damp and cool weather (which forecasts are suggesting) could line things up nicely for a bright, dry and hopefully warm period.

4 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

5 days of half decent weather in mid-summer shouldn't be a big ask should it!?!

I can deal with a bit of rain over the weekend, it's the weeks leading up to it that concern me after last year!

57 minutes ago, briddj said:

Hence the use of "general scheme of the weather," which is not forecast for it to continue pissing down every day.

It's one thing hoping for there to be no rain over the festival, but asking for there to but no day of rain for the next five weeks.....

I'm not asking for anything

There's about as much chance of you predicting some rain as there is all rain or even no rain.

This thread alone going back even just the last two years shows that further than 5 ish days away its basically guess work.

I didn't say it was going to rain for five weeks, i said that its pissing down today... but it could piss down for five weeks which would make today relevant... know body knows yet