Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

With only a sprinkle of rain today the farm the dust is now monumental. I'm kinda in 2 minds. Yep a little rain now would soften the ground - it's feckin hard on the knees at the moment. But on the other hand, it's so dry that you can sit anywhere, flip flops on, dancing in glorious sunshine.

oh and if your camping, get those rock pegs out, them ordinary ones ain't gonna go in the ground, not no way 

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

My wellies are looking fantastic. Just in time for a dry glasto when they won't be needed 

You can still wear them dangling around your neck sacrificially, you know, to make sure the weather gods don't forget they're there

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The iPhone weather app is notoriously rubbish/ overly zealous with the rain cloud symbol. 

Have to agree. It seems that if there's a small chance of rain in the day it lists it as a wet day. 

Festiweather seems to be posting realistic weather for Glasto right now. Can't post a screenshot as I'm struggling to get all the days in one screen. 

Got bored... Made a Graph.

Shows weather predictions from 5 sites for next seven days in an attempt to see what the ground is getting exposed to, (simply rain or not)

1 = Heavy Rain

2 = Light Rain

3 = Cloudy

4 = Sunny.

I Understand this is far from perfect, as i said... I was bored.. ;)

Criticism, abuse, and/or suggestions for improvement always welcomed

Graph.png

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Shows weather predictions from 5 sites for next seven days in an attempt to see what the ground is getting exposed to, (simply rain or not)

1 = Heavy Rain

2 = Light Rain

3 = Cloudy

4 = Sunny.

Graph.png

So a lot of light rain ?

I can deal with that .

On 2017-5-11 at 8:19 PM, deebeedoobee said:

With only a sprinkle of rain today the farm the dust is now monumental. I'm kinda in 2 minds. Yep a little rain now would soften the ground - it's feckin hard on the knees at the moment. But on the other hand, it's so dry that you can sit anywhere, flip flops on, dancing in glorious sunshine.

oh and if your camping, get those rock pegs out, them ordinary ones ain't gonna go in the ground, not no way 

I think it's getting close to being to dry.. If we get NO R now then we will get it festival time... But we don't want it to be soaked cos then the R will not get soaked up.. It's a nightmare Init.. But don't forget last year sommerset was under water for ages so when it did R it didn't have any where to go.. 

I reckon a couple of days of R a week up to the festival and then nothing and the ground will be just right.... Then we want blue sky's and rainbows over the Tor 

d6654e3b-8830-49c1-acb9-7d2e9ac903d1.jpg

10 hours ago, Stretlow said:

1 = Heavy Rain

2 = Light Rain

3 = Cloudy

4 = Sunny.

Graph.png

Slight adjustment...I think if you reversed the order of 1 2 3 and 4 so 4=heavy rain and 1=sunny then the chart would be a nice visual on rain amounts. 

7 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I think it's getting close to being to dry.. If we get NO R now then we will get it festival time... But we don't want it to be soaked cos then the R will not get soaked up.. It's a nightmare Init.. But don't forget last year sommerset was under water for ages so when it did R it didn't have any where to go.. 

I reckon a couple of days of R a week up to the festival and then nothing and the ground will be just right.... Then we want blue sky's and rainbows over the Tor 

The gods heard and the heavens have opened overnight - This is deebeedoobee reporting from soggy Someret, a very wet and grey and windy soggy Pilton

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

d6654e3b-8830-49c1-acb9-7d2e9ac903d1.jpg

No rainbows without rain, old son...