2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

16 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

New Sylvan Esso

On first listen its not quite up there with Radio and Kick Jump Twist, but I'd take a banger hit rate of 2/3 everyday of the week. It will probably grow on me with more listens anyway. Hyped for their album!

I've never really given Los Campesinos a go before, just dismissed them out of hand, but based on @GETOFFAMYLAWN's posts above, I've given the new one a spin. well, a couple of spins. it's bloody good. I'm a convert. Anything I should be looking out for in the back catalogue?

23 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I've never really given Los Campesinos a go before, just dismissed them out of hand, but based on @GETOFFAMYLAWN's posts above, I've given the new one a spin. well, a couple of spins. it's bloody good. I'm a convert. Anything I should be looking out for in the back catalogue?

The track You! Me! Dancing! is a goodie, as is Don't Tell Me to Do the Math.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Mardy said:

All of it. 

I'd advise going for their debut Hold On Now, Youngster.., as has been said already they've got progressively better with each album but that one is a banger from start to finish. If its not really stacking up for you then probably work backwards so go with No Blues next

I used to be a massive Los Camp! fan. Lots of line up changes over the years has changed their sound quite drastically but they're definitely a great band. I think Hello Sadness is their strongest record from start to finish followed by We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed. Romance Is Boring next. I didn't get into No Blues so much and have only given Sick Scenes one spin. HONY is so different to everything else that its hard to compare but that without a doubt is their most fun. They were a band I followed religiously as a teen. Seen them live countless times over the past seven years and they always deliver a great show.

Exciting stirrings from Owen Pallett! From Facebook;

"The New Show

A series of OP shows are now on-sale.

Hamilton - April 7
Toronto - April 8
Seoul - April 21
Shanghai - April 22
Beijing - April 23
Tokyo - April 25
Kyoto - April 26

The new live show will be almost entirely new material. The live setup has been completely restructured sonically and tonally to reflect the content of the LP-in-progress. There are no keyboards or computers onstage any more, no more synthetic sounds. I am playing the late Oliver Schroer's 5-string Aceto violin, and a guitar.

Robbie and Matt are still my band but these dates will be solo.

Click through to the website to purchase tickets. More dates to come in the summer and fall 2764.png<3

http://owenpalletteternal.com/ "

On 01/03/2017 at 0:14 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Brill, ta. I did think a lot of the lyrics were had Portugal references but I though "nah, he must've written most of the songs before they went to record it". How wrong I was.

On 22/02/2017 at 10:04 AM, FloorFiller said:

Dirty Projectors new album is also very very good. Probably gonna turn off a lot of their old fans but I can see it being one of my AOTY.

Loving the Dirty Projectors album, also up there in AOTY territory I think. 

Up In Hudson and I See You are getting many thumbs up from me.