2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Also, Father John Misty's new album has seemingly leaked a month and a half early. Sweet.

There's rumours he's leaked it himself. And that he has a lyric about bedding Taylor Swift in his Oculus Rift. I hope this is the career defining album it's trumpeted to be.

Been a tough year to go legit. Still waiting on Gizz, Grandaddy and Sleaford Mods.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Only one listen through FJM's new one but I think it's pretty good. A few moments aside it's all slowburning piano tunes like the previously released songs suggested, which is a little disappointing as the more uptempo ones where some of my favourites from his last album. Remains to be seen if it's his masterpiece and if you didn't like his schtick before I doubt you'll get on board with this one, and it may go on a little bit too much with the songs kind of blurring in to one by the end but it's good enough for me to want to go back to.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Yeah I found that FJM a bit underwhelming to be honest on first listen. I'm all for the slow piano, the title track I loved as a single - but this many for this long is a bit exhausting. 'Total Entertainment Forever' is great. I hope it grows on me as an album.

Yeah Total Entertainment Forever was the instant standout for me. Think the album could've definitely been cut down by three or four songs, especially with two of the songs surpassing the ten minute mark.

34 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah Total Entertainment Forever was the instant standout for me. Think the album could've definitely been cut down by three or four songs, especially with two of the songs surpassing the ten minute mark.

Yeah... putting a snarky line in the middle of your ten verse chorusless diatribe about how dull your ten verse chorusless diatribe is won't make it any less dull, John. I can appreciate the humour but it is a little hard to stomach.

New LC! video is actually the best thing I've ever seen. Cackling like a loon all the way through

Keen followers of GETOFFAMYLAWN's quest to get his Sick Scenes preorder will be doubtless interested to learn that nobody would go to the post office for me, because of the storm, so it's being redelivered tomorrow, same day as the non-preorder plebs.

New album from ya bois King Gizz 'Murder of the Universe' announced, just in time for the release of their latest one (lol). Going off the album art and general vibe this is the next part in the Mind Fuzz/Nonagon sequence. Seems like it's got some spoken word stuff going on as well which will be intriguing.

Edited by Mash011

10 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

New album from ya bois King Gizz 'Murder of the Universe' announced, just in time for the release of their latest one (lol). Going off the album art and general vibe this is the next part in the Mind Fuzz/Nonagon sequence. Seems like it's got some spoken word stuff going on as well which will be intriguing.

Ha I thought it was Monday we were gonna get the next album announced. This isn't one I was expecting, lemme bump the Gizz thread cos I'm camped out in there tomorrow anyway.

12 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

I thought it was fantastic 

Yeah I know it's a slow burner that takes a while to digest by nature - warming up to it more on 2nd and 3rd plays. So I'll either listen to it enough that I finally 'get it', or I delusionally force myself into believing it's as brilliant as I want it to be. Either way...

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

My Friday downloads have been those three, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Oddisee, Sun Kil Moon, Crystal Fairy (rock supergroup w/ the Melvins and Omar Drive-In) and Froth (neo-psych indie rock).

14 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

All Them Witches - Sleeping Through The War is out today and available on Spotify

Cheers, better get cracking then