2017 New Music Thread

Amy Lawn

I love IDLES, saw them in Manchester in December and they were brilliant, everything I want from a live band. They've decided to skip Manchester on they're upcoming tour so everything crossed for them popping up, they'd be brilliant on Williams Green. The albums amazing as well. A minute into the song Well Done I knew I'd love them, up there with my top 5 songs of 2016.

One of the joys of spending time flicking through Vinyl racks in a music shop is you spend longer in there and occasionally the music they are playing in store may grab your attention.

The biggie for me recently where this happened is the debut album from Scarlet Rascal - if you like The Fall / Joy Division...please, please give it a go and let me know what you think

21 minutes ago, Quark said:

Came across this young scamp supporting Ten Fe last night.  Not got much out so far but this was released last month. There's a full-length 8 minute version but can only find the 4 min part 1 online.

Were Ten Fe any good? Enjoyed their record, but they're playing the same night as The Amazons gig.

8 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Were Ten Fe any good? Enjoyed their record, but they're playing the same night as The Amazons gig.

They were.  Small venue and only about 30 people there, but they gave it a bloody good go.  Some tech issues early on in the set getting all the samples and loops running in time, but they nailed it down after the first song I think.

They play as a five piece live, and I think it adds something to the songs. Twist Your Arm and Another Way sounded good, and Overflow really worked well as a live track.  They certainly sounded good, although the sound was maybe a bit cluttered at times, and definitely looked like they were enjoying themselves.

1 hour ago, not worthy said:

One of the joys of spending time flicking through Vinyl racks in a music shop is you spend longer in there and occasionally the music they are playing in store may grab your attention.

The biggie for me recently where this happened is the debut album from Scarlet Rascal - if you like The Fall / Joy Division...please, please give it a go and let me know what you think

Love it, cheers dude! They're The Fall/Interpol crossover I didn't know I needed, enjoyed the album.

59 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Love it, cheers dude! They're The Fall/Interpol crossover I didn't know I needed, enjoyed the album.

42 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

These are ace, cracking find 

well that's me really chuffed. This thread is great for new finds. I owe this one to the cracking chap who runs Left for Dead in Shrewsbury though, cheers for feedback

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Public Service Broadcasting seem to be in the progress of releasing their new single.  The links are all up, but none of them seem to actually lead to a song.  Nothing on YouTube either as far as I can see.

http://smarturl.it/psbprogress

Good news. Excited to see what is next.

10 hours ago, Quark said:

They were.  Small venue and only about 30 people there, but they gave it a bloody good go.  Some tech issues early on in the set getting all the samples and loops running in time, but they nailed it down after the first song I think.

They play as a five piece live, and I think it adds something to the songs. Twist Your Arm and Another Way sounded good, and Overflow really worked well as a live track.  They certainly sounded good, although the sound was maybe a bit cluttered at times, and definitely looked like they were enjoying themselves.

I am off to watch Ten Fe next week. I know absolutely fuck all about them.

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I am off to watch Ten Fe next week. I know absolutely fuck all about them.

Best way! I gave the album a few listens after a recommendation on here, saw they were playing Brighton and thought "fuck it"! :lol:

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Best way! I gave the album a few listens after a recommendation on here, saw they were playing Brighton and thought "fuck it"! :lol:

The album sounds a bit dull I think. The synths sound ace but there is not much of a hook or melody to the tunes. Might need a few more listens really.

52 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The album sounds a bit dull I think. The synths sound ace but there is not much of a hook or melody to the tunes. Might need a few more listens really.

That's quite similar to my thoughts on the album. I think Overflow's a great song but the rest just kind of plods along and while it's not bad and overall a decent album, there's just nothing exciting going on.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

That's quite similar to my thoughts on the album. I think Overflow's a great song but the rest just kind of plods along and while it's not bad and overall a decent album, there's just nothing exciting going on.

They can be as dull as they like mate, I will make the most of it next week when I go to see them. It will be nice to get out of the house for once :rofl: