Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Probably nowt to do with Glastonbury but couldn't think of a relevant thread, any chance of these being Europe dates?

WHATTTT.PNG

Permission to get excited....then let down next week when it's US tour only!

Good shout though, gives us a week of hope

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Hope it's a UK tour with dates on the Wed and Fri of Glasto, ready for them to slay the Other Stage on Sunday night.

Fuck. I couldn't even comprehend that. Radiohead to open and TOOL to close? 

Come on Will, you're usually the one to pour cold water on people's dreams. Don't start such ridiculous fantasy speculation! It's not happening and it will never happen!

14 minutes ago, Badlands said:

A.Paak just announced a show in Belgium the 20th June, cannot see anything on songkick past this. Does it make him less or more likely? 

21st of June in Luxembourg too.

Not really sure. He cancelled his appearance at Down the Rabbit Hole (which takes place over Glasto weekend) because he's unexpectedly back in America that weekend but if we're optimistic that might be because he was down to go there after Glasto but now has to go to America (presumably for the BET festival/award show) after Glasto instead.

There's only really the announcement of whatever he's doing in America that'll explain it.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Come on Will, you're usually the one to pour cold water on people's dreams. Don't start such ridiculous fantasy speculation! It's not happening and it will never happen!

Do you want some?

metal-bucket-full-clear-water-20487813.j

33 minutes ago, jparx said:

Oh don't get me wrong it definitely isn't happening :P

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

21st of June in Luxembourg too.

Not really sure. He cancelled his appearance at Down the Rabbit Hole (which takes place over Glasto weekend) because he's unexpectedly back in America that weekend but if we're optimistic that might be because he was down to go there after Glasto but now has to go to America (presumably for the BET festival/award show) after Glasto instead.

There's only really the announcement of whatever he's doing in America that'll explain it.

Oh is it definitely because he's back in America? That's not good news. Probably my biggest want this year outside of stage headliners.

6 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I see Happy Mondays are playing Y-Not, they seem like they could be a possibility for the northern slot on the other stage 

I think there is more chance of Black Grape. They have a new album out in June/July.

Mondays are just a pension enhancer.

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

I think there is more chance of Black Grape. They have a new album out in June/July.

Mondays are just a pension enhancer.

I'd be more than happy with that.  The Black Grape tunes benefit a lot more than the Mondays stuff from being played through a decent soundsystem, what with all the extra bass.  Any idea if Danny Saber is involved in the new album?  A cursory Googling hasn't turned anything out.

Strange how his career fizzled a bit - IMHO, it was his production that made Great When You're Straight so much fun.  The Mondays will always be more iconic, but that first Black Grape album is my favourite stuff that Shaun has ever done.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Wrong Sean.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

have finally managed to track down and tidy up the Brian Wilson / Beach Boys thing.

Word i'm hearing is that Michael has booked Brian Wilson - but for the extravaganza, and not the main festival.

So that's neither of them at Worthy Farm this year, i'm pretty sure.

So camp bestivals claim on last UK show is false?

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

have finally managed to track down and tidy up the Brian Wilson / Beach Boys thing.

Word i'm hearing is that Michael has booked Brian Wilson - but for the extravaganza, and not the main festival.

So that's neither of them at Worthy Farm this year, i'm pretty sure.

Have you heard info keeping The Beach Boys away from Worthy?  There's no chance of getting both?

8 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

So camp bestivals claim on last UK show is false?

did they claim that? It passed me by if they did ... tho I know an event in liverpool make that claim for a show in late July.

If you look on Brian's own website there's dates into August, with at least one that's beyond the date of the Extravaganza.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Have you heard info keeping The Beach Boys away from Worthy?  There's no chance of getting both?

It's not impossible, I guess, but i do think it's unlikely.

I heard word of Michael having told someone that he has 'the beach boys' this year. The assumption was it was for the main fest.

But from what Michael has said to a local rag, he seems chuffed with the 'him' who he has for the Extravaganza - which i've found out is definitely Brian - and I reckon that what 'the beach boys' was he's said to have talked about.

I think he's said "the beach boys" there in the same way he was saying he had "Pink Floyd" when he was really meaning Roger Waters.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's not impossible, I guess, but i do think it's unlikely.

I heard word of Michael having told someone that he has 'the beach boys' this year. The assumption was it was for the main fest.

But from what Michael has said to a local rag, he seems chuffed with the 'him' who he has for the Extravaganza - which i've found out is definitely Brian - and I reckon that what 'the beach boys' was he's said to have talked about.

I think he's said "the beach boys" there in the same way he was saying he had "Pink Floyd" when he was really meaning Roger Waters.

Understood.  So, basically everything you'd heard was just about Brian playing the extravaganza and if Mike Love turns up at Worthy, it would be a complete co-incidence - and an extra date in a very packed schedule to boot.

Thanks for the reply.