Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

As a teenager I hated Duran Duran, but that 1990 come back record had some actual good tunes (Skin Trade, channelling Prince, Scritti Polliti and having that characteristic Nile Rogers style being a perfect example, imo).  As a result someone lent me the decade/decadance CD's and I forgave them for their awful suits, haircuts and Smash hits tweenager targetted earlier years and allowed myself to enjoy a few of the genuinely good pop songs they wrote back then.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, zahidf said:

full uk tour announced on 6music. Playing camden koko may 30th

waaah I love Koko but already have tix to see the Kills that night.... really hope Afghan Whigs play glasto now (and don't clash) - have been wanting to see them for ages.

On the plus side there is a big gap in their schedule around mid June/July and either side they are in europe so there is hope yet....

sorry if this has been covered already (still playing thread catch up!) but what's thoughts on Catfish and the Bottlemen being at Glastonbury?

They seem to be popping up on posters all over at the moment; IOW early June, Community early July.. nothing listed for Glastonbury weekendo, maybe visit to the Farmm prior to going to US early May?

1 hour ago, MrNash84 said:

sorry if this has been covered already (still playing thread catch up!) but what's thoughts on Catfish and the Bottlemen being at Glastonbury?

They seem to be popping up on posters all over at the moment; IOW early June, Community early July.. nothing listed for Glastonbury weekendo, maybe visit to the Farmm prior to going to US early May?

Spoke about this yesterday, they played the past 2 years in the Other Stage, last year being 3rd down. They would be playing the same set list as well I would believe. I'm sure they would hope to be on the Pyramid, but I'm sure they will wait till they have more material

42 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

If Kraftwerk are out then Damien Marley, The Jacksons and Jamiroquai as the WH headliners.

Is Damien Marley looking likely? That would be swell 

1 hour ago, MrNash84 said:

they're definitely not playing 

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

He's around and not exclusive elsewhere, and Neil has heard there is more than one reggae act playing WH, so I'd say so.

Ace. Kinda hoping that. Cheers

1 hour ago, pogal said:

Apart from Kaiser Chiefs and James, which seems to have become a 'thing'...

Exactly. There has never been a massive opener on the Other, or even one of Arcade Fire's size. It's become a slot for naff indie bands that are either a has been or a never were.

Edited by Zac Quinn

43 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

they're definitely not playing 

1 hour ago, supreme said:

Spoke about this yesterday, they played the past 2 years in the Other Stage, last year being 3rd down. They would be playing the same set list as well I would believe. I'm sure they would hope to be on the Pyramid, but I'm sure they will wait till they have more material

yeah, probably true. shame as last (and only) time I've seen them was at Boilerroom in Guildford, small but epic gig before they became big. 

What about Foals or Block Party? Can see the Indie theme here, more my wife cuppa than mine.