Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Depends how good you mean. Wolf Alice did mid-JP 2014, mid-Park 2015 and then mid-Pyramid 2016.

Who is it you're talking about?

I just came across CATB's tour dates and they have the whole of June off with some UK slots are the start of July.

2 minutes ago, supreme said:

I just came across CATB's tour dates and they have the whole of June off with some UK slots are the start of July.

Ah okay. I doubt it really because they'd be playing on the back of the same album and would get a pretty similar slot. Probably have this year off and return in 2019 when they've got new material to play.

Earl would be a nice booking. Never seen him solo, was supposed to be seeing him at Werchter in 2013 when he cancelled all his Summer dates or something. Haven't really listened to any Odd Future-related releases since around then but I've still always been impressed when I've heard him pop up on things.

6 minutes ago, supreme said:

They've been on the other both years and both years it's been miserable and pissed down with rain during their set, I say this because I've had to endure it both times as one of our group likes them. I'd imagine they'd want to try and get on the Pyramid if they perform this year, but I'm sincerely hoping they don't.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

They've been on the other both years and both years it's been miserable and pissed down with rain during their set, I say this because I've had to endure it both times as one of our group likes them. I'd imagine they'd want to try and get on the Pyramid if they perform this year, but I'm sincerely hoping they don't.

I said about this but it got squashed but 3rd down Pyramid isn't out of the question as they would sub Other and are way bigger than JP now. What Glasto does it gives them the TV time too while they are increasing their reputation overseas in the states.

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yep yer reading that right. Beth Ditto is back. John Peel Stage legends' slot?

It was her that soundtracked the new 'This Girl Can' advert*

*this message apropos of nothing apart from the fact that I loved it

I hate lineups that announce/display acts in alphabetical order.

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

How big is your group? If one person from our group suggested going to Catfish they would be ignored and probably shunned for the rest of the weekend. Thin the herd, natural selection and all that.

39 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I hate lineups that announce/display acts in alphabetical order.

How big is your group? If one person from our group suggested going to Catfish they would be ignored and probably shunned for the rest of the weekend. Thin the herd, natural selection and all that.

There has been a group of 6 us the past two years, we've tended to stick together and see what each of us want to see as a group, I'm very easy going and am normally happy to go with the flow, although by the end of the festival we normally end up splitting up a bit because of a couple of them get really annoying and bossy, I've ended each Festival questioning how they actually get any enjoyment from it.

they aren't going this year so we will just be seeing what we want (me and my wife) and not having to compromise and watch crap like Catfish and the Bogeyman, I absolutely cannot wait.

4 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

24th and 25th June in Chicago 

Took Local Natives out of my prediction last night as I saw they weren't in Europe over Glasto but annoying to have it fully ruled out. Loved their last album.

Edit: Ah I thought Thundercat was likely and put him into my prediction last night haha. Straight out he goes.

Edited by Will-2609