Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

I'm very intrigued by that Demon Dayz thing. Will the lineup come before tickets go on sale or after we reckon?

Also if anyone has a spare 2 minutes give the travel information section a read. Specifically the train part, its quite entertaining.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a massive hope for Gorillaz Other Stage Sunday night now.

Got a friend trying for resale tickets who's convinced herself they're gonna be on the lineup, while I've been playing down the possibly. 

https://pearljam.com/news/eddie-vedder-announces-2017-european-tour-dates

EDDIE VEDDER 2017 EUROPEAN TOUR DATES:

DATE        CITY, COUNTRY                       VENUE
May 29     Amsterdam, The Netherlands    AFAS Live
May 30     Amsterdam, The Netherlands    AFAS Live
June 1      Berlin, Germany                       Zitadelle
June 3      Kvaerndrup, Denmark              Heartland Festival, Egeskov Castle*
June 6      London, UK                             Eventim Apollo 
June 7      London, UK                             Eventim Apollo
June 9      Dublin, Ireland                        3 Arena
June 11    Cork, Ireland                           Live at the Marquee*
June 19    Antwerp, Belgium                    Lotto Arena
June 24    Florence, Italy                         Firenze Rocks Festival*
June 26    Taormina (Sicily), Italy            Teatro Antico di Taormina

47 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I'm very intrigued by that Demon Dayz thing. Will the lineup come before tickets go on sale or after we reckon?

Also if anyone has a spare 2 minutes give the travel information section a read. Specifically the train part, its quite entertaining.

I think they must have changed it since you posted :lol:

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Probably because it's not going to be focused around the album, just some day where Gorillaz stuff is happening.  Would be really weird to do something about their 2nd album when the 4th is about to come out.

So the name Demon Dayz is not based on the album title Demon Days? :blink:

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

So the name Demon Dayz is not based on the album title Demon Days? :blink:

Well, yeah it's not a co-incidence, but I don't think it's anything other than a play on words about a day involving Gorillaz, with a little reference to the album, but I'd be surprised if the actual performance has a focus on that record.

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Well, yeah it's not a co-incidence, but I don't think it's anything other than a play on words about a day involving Gorillaz, with a little reference to the album, but I'd be surprised if the actual performance has a focus on that record.

I'm not under the pretence that it's anything more than a reference, it's just the reference is misspelled, which has flummoxed me.

1 minute ago, Mash011 said:

Enough pedantry Dental, ending things with a Z is cool.

It's so god damn uncool that I have a problem with it. Gorillaz is fine, it was a different time and I guess it sets them apart from actual gorillas. But I mean Demon Dayz? How much are the ticketz? SIXTY POUNDZ? F off Damon.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I'm not under the pretence that it's anything more than a reference, it's just the reference is misspelled, which has flummoxed me.

It's so god damn uncool that I have a problem with it. Gorillaz is fine, it was a different time and I guess it sets them apart from actual gorillas. But I mean Demon Dayz? How much are the ticketz? SIXTY POUNDZ? F off Damon.

But you get free access to the amusement park... So swings and roundabouts.

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I reckon it'll sell out on the day. Think they've grown quite a bit since they went away - plus lots of younger fans now of solo gig-going age.

Do you think they have? I love Gorillaz but Plastic Beach wasn't as big as Demon Days. I feel the next record probably won't register beyond six or seven weeks in the charts. I'd love them to, but I feel their shelf-life is close to expiry.

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Think we have slightly different definitions of 'free'.

But then the joke wouldn't have worked would it.

Also, it sort of is free unless you think the tickets for this festival are actually being priced at £42 and then the amusement park entry fee is being added on top of that to make it £60.

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I see alt-J are doing a night at the O2 for the 10th birthday thing, albeit the week before. Says it's their only indoor UK show of 2017 which seems odd, must be waiting until early next year for a big tour.

The real question in all this is that how, given that pretty much every major recording artist has performed there in the last decade, the best they could get for their ten year celebration is Jamiroquai and Alt-fucking-J?