Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Understood.  So, basically everything you'd heard was just about Brian playing the extravaganza and if Mike Love turns up at Worthy, it would be a complete co-incidence - and an extra date in a very packed schedule to boot.

Thanks for the reply.

not quite.

If Mike Love & Co turn up at the farm, my take on what I've heard Michael has supposedly said has been utterly wrong.

Which isn't impossible.

I do think I've probably got to the bottom of it now, tho, and it's neither at the farm and Brian at the extravaganza.

Just now, eFestivals said:

not quite.

If Mike Love & Co turn up at the farm, my take on what I've heard Michael has supposedly said has been utterly wrong.

Which isn't impossible.

I do think I've probably got to the bottom of it now, tho, and it's neither at the farm and Brian at the extravaganza.

I won't pack my crowd-surfboard then!  Cheers.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

I think there is more chance of Black Grape. They have a new album out in June/July.

Mondays are just a pension enhancer.

Is there any chance of them both being there? Unlikely I guess but possible? I've never seen either and that first Black Grape album is a belter, and a band which none of my mates have even heard of.

7 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Any chance Nik turner joining them if they play. He's pretty much always there. Dunno anything about hawkwind politics so they may all hate each other. 

Once upon a time, Nik tried 'selling' himself and band as 'ex Hawkwind'. They were booked and announced for a festival. efestivals publicised that booking.

And then got served with court papers about 'passing off'.

Luckily the case didn't continue with efestivals as a named party, but it did go thru court.

1 minute ago, TonyCo said:

I see that The National are doing the occassional European Festival this Summer.

Are they generally being considered as odds-on for doing Glasto?

I think most of us are assuming they won't be there, whilst secretly hoping their cheekily included on the first poster.

The National aren't doing fests this year though, other than one that one of the members is curating.

Only hope is that Glasto have finally offered them a slot they see as acceptable, and knowing that Glasto isn't on next year when they plan to do festivals they do it as a one off this year.

Who cares that they're not touring a new album? They'll have a show ready and a career-spanning set on the Other vs Sheeran is exactly what we need.

39 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Surely we're going to get one of those top quality acts that people have stopped predicting for whatever reason, right? The National, Kendrick, Bon Iver - I'm keeping hope alive.

Bon Iver or Frank Ocean are the ones most likely to do this imo (I know you're not big on Franky O but in general he'd be in that group). Wouldn't be baffled to see either of those on the poster. The National/Kendrick won't happen tho.

Yeah, Cornrow Kenny has festivals in North America either through summer so isn't having downtime, and has jetted in and out of Europe for shows before. Seems unlikely but possible nonetheless.

Are The National still just doing the one festival they're involved with? They turned down festivals for 'not touring' too didn't they? Seems very unlikely still unless I've missed a new show added recently.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

The National aren't doing fests this year though, other than one that one of the members is curating.

Only hope is that Glasto have finally offered them a slot they see as acceptable, and knowing that Glasto isn't on next year when they plan to do festivals they do it as a one off this year.

Who cares that they're not touring a new album? They'll have a show ready and a career-spanning set on the Other vs Sheeran is exactly what we need.

Though the announcement for that one did say their first and only "announced" summer festival. 

What's left to announce that they could play...? Unless they do another mad Scandi one or another small Eaux Claires or something.

16 minutes ago, calamitymaud said:

Though the announcement for that one did say their first and only "announced" summer festival. 

What's left to announce that they could play...? Unless they do another mad Scandi one or another small Eaux Claires or something.

Didn't it said their first announced show of the year? I expect they'll do their own dates later on in the year.

14 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Didn't it said their first announced show of the year? I expect they'll do their own dates later on in the year.

That's what I'm banking on, no Glasto for sure, but a nice little tour at the end of the year would be good.

Jain has announced a London show on June 20, which is between two weekend gigs in her native France. Friday at Glastonbury then hopefully!

I've been hoping for this. My friends saw her at Sziget and got me into her music. Check out the song Makeba and have a dance!

6 hours ago, tjamest said:

https://pearljam.com/news/eddie-vedder-announces-2017-european-tour-dates

Eddie Vedder free on 23rd and 25th - Unlikely, but you never know

Highly likely I reckon, It's a solo tour though so it wouldn't be Pearl Jam. He'd definitely make a good headliner on his own for the acoustic atleast. Maybe even West Holts. He's very pally with Dave Grohl too, so you never know.

As last year was my first glastonbury and I only joined this great place last year how often are bands not speculated about or ruled out suddenly added unexpectedly to posters . I know most speculation is from tour gaps insiders and those who track the Web but some must slip the net . 

4 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

As last year was my first glastonbury and I only joined this great place last year how often are bands not speculated about or ruled out suddenly added unexpectedly to posters . I know most speculation is from tour gaps insiders and those who track the Web but some must slip the net . 

As you've alluded to a lot of stuff can be guessed based on tour schedules etc but every year there are complete curve balls that pop on the first poster. 

Can't remember who it was last year but I think in 2015 it was Motörhead, Mary J Blige and Burt Bacharach. I'm sure someone with a better memory can correct me on that though!

We should be in for a few surprises come poster day. Who are you hoping for?