Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Is there good reason why everyone seems to be taking this article as reliable, and taking it as further confirmation of the headliners? While I agree that the confidence on efestivals is that those are our 3 headliners, isn't it possible that this new source is simply announcing who he's already read here?

Confirmation bias.

19 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Is there good reason why everyone seems to be taking this article as reliable, and taking it as further confirmation of the headliners? While I agree that the confidence on efestivals is that those are our 3 headliners, isn't it possible that this new source is simply announcing who he's already read here?

yep, it's not impossible.

And, i'll point out, that article essentially rubbishes their own article from back in June, when they said he was signed and sealed (that I always treated with caution).

But i think it's probably the case they've heard something from a direction they trust, much as i did a few weeks ago when I said this thread was over.

9 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

I think you might be surprised, remember walking back to the Pyramid field in 2014 after getting some food, and Ed had the all field right to the back bouncing around. Not my cup of tea at all but was surprised how much he got the crowd going.

I was @ West holts witwith the Wailers

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

A girl likes Ed

53d590d566d3a_-_maisie-dvzxnr-willis.gif

Is that Jenna Coleman?

Couple of teenage girls in front of me in the pit during his set in 2014 didn't realise I was also behind them as they walked out afterwards whilst having a good bitch, apparently it's something to be ashamed of to sing along at gigs now :( oh life

I have just received some info that has "A Tribe Called Quest" as one of the Pyramid headliners, along with the Foos, and Radiohead

Cant say where I git this from, but I have no reason to disbelieve it as this source has been right the last 3 years !

I dont even know who they are ??? So i rather hope its wrong !

1 minute ago, BeddyDriver said:

I have just received some info that has "A Tribe Called Quest" as one of the Pyramid headliners, along with the Foos, and Radiohead

Cant say where I git this from, but I have no reason to disbelieve it as this source has been right the last 3 years !

Probably got Pyramid and West Holts mixed up there

3 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

As much as there's many many of us whore desperate for A Tribe to play, it won't be headlining the pyramid that's for sure 

But hopefully someone has got their stages mixed up and they're on elsewhere 

A Tribe Called Quest on West Holts vs Sheeran (or fuck it, even Foos) would be unreal, so like everybody else i'm desperately hoping that 1. the info isn't bollocks and 2. they've just got the stages mixed up

edit: although ATCQ in the Friday daytime Pyramid slot would also do nicely

Edited by FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Radiohead, Ed and Foos' - that's as good a spread of headliners as you could ever expect. I cant think of any one who go to the festival for live music that wouldn't be there at least one of the nights. Job done. 

Ed and the Foo's aren't my cup of tea, but you can't argue with their booking. It's a very strong set of headliners. The only slight complaint would be are the Foo's worthy of closing the festival? I would imagine they're there by default because The Radioheads asked to do the Friday so they could enjoy the rest of the weekend on the farm. 

Edited by The Orgazoid

2 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I'm not a fan of sheeran but you can't argue it's not a good booking.

He is very popular and sells out stadiums. If he is taking bookings then it makes sense to get him.  He loves the festival and will do everything he can to pull off a good show.

I will be some where else but good luck to him

You could make that argument on the basis that his music is terrible.  I wouldn't do that of course, but it's certainly possible to argue that any act isn't a good booking if you really believe they're awful.  Popularity shouldn't always trump all other considerations.

14 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Radiohead, Ed and Foos' - that's as good a spread of headliners as you could ever expect. I cant think of any one who go to the festival for live music that wouldn't be there at least one of the nights. Job done. 

I'm sure that there will be a fair amount of people.

I would include myself, but it isn't all about the live music for me and I'm a miserable c**t that doesn't like a lot of music.