Headliner predictions 2017

swede

Elbow are a bit of a weird one, I'm fairly ambivalent towards them. If they were subbing Radiohead and there wasn't anything else on at the same time they're the kind of act I'd be happy enough to sit through to stake out a decent spot for the main event. However they'd be far from my pick as an ideal sub for Thom and the lads. Would prefer them third down, unlikely as that seems. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Zac Quinn said:

looking more and more likely she'll be there, although still not headlining. reckon she's gonna be below Foos rather than Ed

Do they ever have really long sets on the Sunday (2 hour+) as that is surely what the Foos are going to want to do?

If that is the case that there has not been a 2 hour set on the Sunday (with the earlier Pyramid finish time) I'm going to go for Foos Saturday for that reason alone. Otherwise, they will be starting at 20:45 or something and with the Sunday Legend as well I don't think it will work that well and there will only be room for 5 acts.

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Whoops. I think Foos Saturday just makes more sense. Ed has Sunday written all over it.

Could go either way, I think the crowd will lap either up whichever day and Foo's certainly have enough and are mainstream enough to be the Sunday.

9 minutes ago, Untz said:

This is pretty much how I feel.

But I don't feel bad about it.

You feel how you feel.

I don't dislike Garvey but the voice is very irritating. They are just very boring for me. 

9 minutes ago, Ashl said:

Do they ever have really long sets on the Sunday (2 hour+) as that is surely what the Foos are going to want to do?

If that is the case that there has not been a 2 hour set on the Sunday (with the earlier Pyramid finish time) I'm going to go for Foos Saturday for that reason alone. Otherwise, they will be starting at 20:45 or something and with the Sunday Legend as well I don't think it will work that well and there will only be room for 5 acts.

This is very true! Even starting 11am on the Pyramid they only fit in 11hrs 15 in total I think with all the bands a change over and this year Laura Mvula had a 45 minutes set instead. Foo's would do at least 2hrs considering they were going to do 2.5 hours last time I think and the day would start at 11am to allow for ithe and can still finish at 23:45, I'd expect there to be only 7 Pyramid acts which makes a clash fuck lol. I also think this might put Gaga on Sunday though as I can't see her coming on at 7pm, half hour later will be a bit darker at least!

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This is very true! Even starting 11am on the Pyramid they only fit in 11hrs 15 in total I think with all the bands a change over and this year Laura Mvula had a 45 minutes set instead. Foo's would do at least 2hrs considering they were going to do 2.5 hours last time I think and the day would start at 11am to allow for ithe and can still finish at 23:45, I'd expect there to be only 7 Pyramid acts which makes a clash fuck lol. I also think this might put Gaga on Sunday though as I can't see her coming on at 7pm, half hour later will be a bit darker at least!

I'm still sticking with:

Foos, Gaga as the top 2 on Saturday 

8 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'll wait until Neil changes the days as I think if this guy can find out if Foo's are Saturday so can Neil.

Nope. It just doesn't work like that. A person hears what they hear, and what one might hear has nothing to do with what someone else might hear. I might get some day info, I might not.

Since matey posted that in the last day or two, i've been mulling over whether I should change the days around, cos there's decent reasons for thinking either way around for their days.

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nope. It just doesn't work like that. A person hears what they hear, and what one might hear has nothing to do with what someone else might hear. I might get some day info, I might not.

Since matey posted that in the last day or two, i've been mulling over whether I should change the days around, cos there's decent reasons for thinking either way around for their days.

That's fair.

17 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Omg if I don't get my Ed money I'm going to flip. Literally nothing good about the Foo Fighters.

I nearly put money on Ed for Saturday but stuck with any night as topossible risky for me!

There is for the person who put on at 6/1. I've lost money on Roses already. 

Edited by thewayiam

8 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Would serve you all right! "I hope Ed headlines so I get my ticket paid for" No no no!!!! Dirty money.

It's like betting against your own team.  The Luck Gods are always watching and take notice of this sort of thing. Don't do it kids - it ups the chances of his appearance. 

Edited by Fingerbobs

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I heard it would have been Beyoncé if Ed didn't do it.

Shut your whore mouth

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'd see it as 200 quid compensation to make the fact it isn't the Roses or daft punk or #insert whoever you want here# slightly more palatable. You start hoping for Ed to get your money and what happens? He headlines, but on Sunday and you get the worst of both worlds. 

I can't keep track of your backward arse reasoning here Scruff. The important thing is that I win money, I'm going to spend that money at No Bones Jones, probably might get some tequila as well.