Headliner predictions 2017

swede

1 minute ago, The Orgazoid said:

Foo Fighters are bigger than The Who? Have a word with yourself. 

Foo Fighters sold out two Wembley Stadium shows in an instant in 2015, I'm sure, and will get a bigger crowd than The Who got at Glasto that year.

I'd say, in 2017, Foo Fighters are certainly a bigger band than The Who.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am positive there is another dimension where Hot Chip headline the Pyramid, Depeche Mode play Uk festivals and Thom Yorke comes across as a happy chappie.

What have I done to deserve ending up here, where all the headliners are about as exciting as cold porridge? We really are in the decade of instantly forgetable beige and neutral.

Edited by eastynh

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

By this logic Muse are a solo act and Beyonce is a choir. Whether someone is a solo act or a group is and always has been - with the exception of weird ambiguities like Florence and the Machine - defined by how many people are in the spotlight on stage. Come on now

The thing is Beyonce is a performer while Ed Sheeran is presented as a singer-songwriter who needs help writing songs, its one step off busking.

Edited by addicted2noise

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Foo Fighters sold out two Wembley Stadium shows in an instant in 2015, I'm sure, and will get a bigger crowd than The Who got at Glasto that year.

Bigger than Depeche Mode??

28 minutes ago, russycarps said:

It matters in so far as it's ace when your favourite band of the weekend is headlining the sunday, as it gives you something to look forward too all weekend, and no matter how good a time you are having, you know something even better is still to come. 

For this reason, I really hope flaming lips are headlining on the sunday somewhere (if they play)

Agreed. I wanted Radiohead last for that reason in a perfect world.

Flaming Lips would do for me though... if anything it could possibly be better. As I have said before I have always missed out on them for various reasons

6 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

The thing is Beyonce is a performer while Ed Sheeran is presented as a singer-songwriter who needs helps writing songs, its one step off busking.

Let's call Ed 'a performer who is the lead writer on most of his songs and the only writer on the two songs that made his name' then, if that suits. Either way it really makes no difference as to whether he's a Glastonbury headliner

Edited by Zac Quinn
he literally wrote the song that was his breakthrough himself so this argument makes no sense

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

What have I done to deserve ending up here, where all the headliners are about as exciting as cold porridge? We really are in the decade of instantly forgetable beige and neutral.

Pull yourself together man! You're living in a time where the internet gives us access to more music than ever before, more people can make and publish music than ever before, things have never been more fruitful. If you look at that and your take-home message is to lament the dull shit that makes up the top 0.000001% then god help you.

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Pull yourself together man! You're living in a time where the internet gives us access to more music than ever before, more people can make and publish music than ever before, things have never been more fruitful. If you look at that and your take-home message is to lament the dull shit that makes up the top 0.000001% then god help you.

I agree with you entirely mate but I was talking specifically about Pyramid headliners. 

I should not moan really as I have copped for Hot Chip and New Order over the last 2 years. It would have been nice to have experienced a pyramid headliner though.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I've totted up Ed Sheeran's songwriting credits on his own songs and - as he's written 67% of his output - I've concluded that I like him 67% more than if he wrote none of it, but 33% less than if he'd written it all on his jack.

#science

I'd like him 67% more if he wrote none of it, or performed any of it either.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

4 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Easily. Foo Fighters and Coldplay are just about the biggest active bands in the world at the moment. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one I think. 

2 hours ago, The Orgazoid said:

Not necessarily. I don't like Coldplay either but putting aside the repeat bookings arguement, they're an ideal closing headliner. Are the Foo Fighters really on that level? I don't think so. 

you think Coldplay are worthy but not Foo Fighters, really??!!! :huh: I get there is not a lot of love on here but if boring tw*ts like Mumfords can close the festival, I'm sure as hell Foos can

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

Any reasonable metric. The Who aren't even the biggest band in the world if the criteria is 'bands who probably voted Brexit and were overshadowed by The Beatles at their peak'.

I was not refering to the Who mate, I was comparing Foo Fighters to Depeche Mode. Now I appreciate DM are not the  biggest band in the world but they sell huge amounts of tickets world wide and I would say easily compareable to FF if not even exceeding them.

Just now, eastynh said:

I was not refering to the Who mate, I was comparing Foo Fighters to Depeche Mode. Now I appreciate DM are not the  biggest band in the world but they sell huge amounts of tickets world wide and I would say easily compareable to FF if not even exceeding them.

Stop confusing matters with yer DM ;)

Just now, eastynh said:

When I said Foos were probably the 2nd biggest worldwide after Coldplay I was talking more modern acts (though God knows where you draw the line with that).

Me saying they're bigger than The Who was a separate point comparing them to 3 of the last 4 Sunday headliners.